Author Topic: Allotment Sheds.  (Read 9315 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: Allotment Sheds.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 23:45:40 »
erm..
I'm with the untidy brigade, we gave up locking the allotment shed some time ago as the most damage caused was the breaking in.I think if it's muddled then perhaps they don't look too hard.We had our garage broken in to a couple of years ago and while it was the alarm that saw him off (he was caught, he bled on the window he broke ,hurray for dna data base)I think the absolute chaos inside would have defeated him! it's a double garage but the car breathes in to park  ;D
sanity is overated

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 00:14:51 »
erm..
I'm with the untidy brigade, we gave up locking the allotment shed some time ago as the most damage caused was the breaking in.I think if it's muddled then perhaps they don't look too hard.We had our garage broken in to a couple of years ago and while it was the alarm that saw him off (he was caught, he bled on the window he broke ,hurray for dna data base)I think the absolute chaos inside would have defeated him! it's a double garage but the car breathes in to park  ;D

a copper once told me that burglars are reluctant to break windows and climb in through broken glass, they would rather break a door glass and unlock the door. Mind you, some burglars are known for there stupidity...............
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

muddymeldrew

• Not So New ...
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 17:16:06 »
Good Gourd 2 you have my sympathy. We had break-ins some years ago (they even took complete sheds!) but largely overcame the problem by simply not storing anything of any value in our sheds and leaving locks off. A lock like a burglar alarm on a house seemed an invite.

As for giving up the allotment, why allow a bunch of idiots (the vandals that is, not your committee) ruin your pleasure? I walk to mine a mile away but if it came to the same thing I'd put my tools in the car each trip and go in that instead. That said, an old neighbour of mine used to walk to his also but took his tools from home each time in his wheelbarrow.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 18:29:09 »
Good Gourd 2 you have my sympathy. We had break-ins some years ago (they even took complete sheds!)

Hah, we can beat that in Lincolnshire. About twenty years ago three guys in a flatback lorry and hi vis jackets turned up one sunday morning at the River Trent where it ran through  the outskirts of Gainsborough and disassembled and took away a complete sixty five foot long aluminium foot bridge. No one suspected a thing, because they looked the part, fake council hi vis jacekts, flat back, cones, the lot. They, the bridge and the lorry were never found.
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Good Gourd 2

• Half Acre
  • My minature allotment.
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 08:39:19 »
Thank you for all your comments, I did not think we were on our own. These comments are not  coming from the council, just a few loose cannons on a committee.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 11:38:59 »
Good Gourd 2 you have my sympathy. We had break-ins some years ago (they even took complete sheds!)

Hah, we can beat that in Lincolnshire. About twenty years ago three guys in a flatback lorry and hi vis jackets turned up one sunday morning at the River Trent where it ran through  the outskirts of Gainsborough and disassembled and took away a complete sixty five foot long aluminium foot bridge. No one suspected a thing, because they looked the part, fake council hi vis jacekts, flat back, cones, the lot. They, the bridge and the lorry were never found.

Ha...we can beat even that.. Someone who wasn't even seen, walked off with our river!! It simply vanished - not a trickle for more than a year!  :o

Then it came back again with a vengeance... filled, filled some more and then flooded and flooded and flooded some more.  ::)  ;D

Sorry......just ignore me.  :-[

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 12:23:30 »
 ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal