Author Topic: credit card site problem  (Read 1912 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
credit card site problem
« on: October 27, 2011, 19:55:36 »
When I sign into my credit card site my account comes up faintly and a smaller window in the centre requests me to change my account to paperless.  Two options  are " agree" or "ask me later".  I click on ask me later but the small window does not dissapper and I cannot read my account.   I don't want to go paperless but yesterday I wanted to see my account so clicked paperless and the window disappeared and my account was clearly visible.  Today I have reset my  details to paperless  and now cannot see my account again.  Any idea what is going on?

petefj

• Half Acre
Re: credit card site problem
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:14:41 »
I can only assume that this is a ploy on the part of the credit card company to make you go paperless.  Doing this cuts their costs, but does nothing for you if you need or want a paper statement each month.
If you don't like it then transfer your account to another company.  You will find it very easy to do, they're all chasing for extra business, and if you do it you might find you have a six month period or more of interest free credit.

Peter
If you can keep your head, whilst those around you are losing theirs,
you obviously don't realise the full horror of your situation.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 08:42:25 »
Thanks good info..

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 08:46:49 »
BT,the other day wanted me to sign up to something.......I forget what it was and it was click to agree and no way out..tried just closing the page down ,that did not work,by then really annoyed.Had to read all the very small writing to find no thanks carry on. >:(

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:32:41 »
Ive been paperless on everything I can for years - cant remember when I last had a mobile bill or bank statement.  Maybe not best for everyone but I can do without all that paper..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 14:04:15 »
I might consider going paperless but I don't like not having a choice.  I am still having the problem.   So Monday  I will have to phone them. The no. starts 0844 which I believe is not cheap. 
I don't want to change as now I am retired I can only get a low credit limit.    The one I have had for years has higher one.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 14:08:35 »
If it's one of the mainstream providers, you should be able to find an alternative geographic (cheaper) phone number for them here:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal