General > Assisted Gardening

Hand held seed drills

<< < (2/2)

Kleftiwallah:
Serendipidy.   or "So THAT'S what it is".

I found an item on my allotment after I'd spread a load of manure covered in muck.   I asked on various forums if anyone could identify it.  No replies were forthcoming.   It turns out to be a Ferndale Lodge Magic Seeder.   

Thanks Petefj,  I'll certainly give it a try.    :o    Cheers,    Tony.

powerspade:
Dont bother unless you like wasting your money. I bought one of these 2 years ago and after using it 3 times and the plastic handle snaped. Had a replacment and the main body split open. Its not made in Germany its made in Denmark and its cheap plastic rubbish not worth the postage let alone £34.00

Digeroo:
Many years ago they showed on TV a system for putting carrots seeds into wallpaper paste and then putting in a plastic bag with a small hole in the corner and squirting down the row.

It is however very difficult to find paste without fungicides in it.    But a water based cornflour sauce mix works just as well.  Warm 1/2 pint of water, mix two dessert spoons of cornflour with a small quantity of cold water and add to warmed water stir over heat until it thickens, allow to cool.  Stir in seeds and put into plastic bag. 

green lily:
Yes of course I'd forgotten that one ;D. Thanks for the reminder although I have lost most power in my right grip which is a pain [RA] in more places than one.

DATA311:
Like the tip with the cornflower, me thinks I will give it a try.............thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version