Author Topic: Pequin chillies are HOT!  (Read 2341 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Pequin chillies are HOT!
« on: September 10, 2011, 19:57:48 »
I can't remember who sent me some Pequin seeds but on behalf of my son-in-law, thank you!

Steve loves chillies, the hotter the better.  He is not frightened to eat them raw so I wasn't surprised that when I gave him a Pequin, he just ate it, seeds and all.

I wish I'd filmed his reaction.  His voice sounded like he was on helium, then he lost his voice, then his eyes started watering.

He said it was fantastic!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Pequin chillies are HOT!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:20:44 »
I have some Dorset Naga... they are HOT too...
Was processing some Peach habanero last night and managed to get some on my skin... which managed to get to lots of places I'd rather it hadn't...  :-X

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:29:00 »
 ;D
Code: [Select]
managed to get some on my skin... which managed to get to lots of places I'd rather it hadn't.....outch.
I was taking some seeds out of chillies to dry too. Naga Morich I did with cloves in my hands and those too are HOT..but the others, Aji Fantasy, are not supposed to be that hot.. ::)..so I assumed it would be 'safe' to proceed without fiddly cloves on... ::) Live and learn.. ::)
I was tasting some Tepins yesterday too..as the fist ones are so tiny I assumed that they might not be quite developed 'normally' and would not be hot at all... ::) How little do I know.. ::)
But I LOOOve it..one the paifull bit of the tasting is gone..the heat is lovely.. ;D ;D
Those who have grown Tepins before...are the fruit supposed to be tiny?

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 18:58:31 »
Stupid head here decided to try one of his red scotch bonnets with the theory that because up in Northumberland it's not that hot so the chilli wouldn't be as hot.  Well, all I can say is that it was effing hot!  Even with our sub optimal climate it had me stumbling up the allotment path to the tap to wash my drooling  mouth out.  The dripping nose was fun too but the weird one was pain in my ear.   I've had the ear thing once before when I stupidly tried a birds eye type chill my dad fetch back from Crete that was growing outside where they were staying.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal