Author Topic: digital photos  (Read 1211 times)

ACE

• Hectare
digital photos
« on: October 27, 2011, 08:59:52 »
We were talking the other day that since we have had the digital cameras we don't get the albums out anymore. The photos get stored on discs, on the pc, or memory cards. Sometimes they get deleted by mistake, cards and discs get put away. It ain't like the old folder of piccies that you used to get from the chemists.

I have solved the problem now and store all my photos in various albums online in the Kodak gallery. But you still don't see them! I hear you all crying out. Yes we do.

It was her birthday last week so I splashed out and got her one of those Kodak pulse digi frames. You can load it like the normal ones with a memory card, but the clever bit is it also wi fi and you can connect with the Kodak gallery and just pick the album you want and it displays them. It also has it's own email address so the family can send pictures to it by pc or mobile phone.

It is going to take ages for me to transfer all our piccies to the site but they will never get lost again and it frees up my pc of a bit of space. I lost loads once when the old laptop gave up the ghost and it cost a tidy packet for a computer repair man to retrieve them.

Crimbo is coming so if anybody wants to get their loved one a nice pressie I would reccommend it.
Check it out, on line and see what I mean.

I'm not on commission but if you got it through amazon this site would get a few pennies.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: digital photos
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:29:46 »
That looks like a really interesting idea Ace, my mum might like that , and it would enable my daughter to email her photos direct to the frame from London too (I think she would have to edit heavily though!) Thanks for that! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:52:12 »
Just a word of warning about the online gallery.  it is there to maake money for Kodak by selling you prints etc..
If you never buy any prints they can delete all your pics

14. Storage Policy
 Kodak Imaging Network provides free online storage of images to its members for an initial period of 12 months from the date you first upload an image to your account. To maintain free storage, you need to make a purchase from us at least once every 12 months (the 12 month period will restart with each purchase). If you do not purchase any product or service from us for a period of 12 months, we may delete the images stored in your account. In addition, if your account becomes inactive for a period of 60 months, we may, at our option, terminate access to the account altogether (including deletion of any account information held by Kodak Imaging Network). Kodak Imaging Network may change this policy at any time, upon reasonable notice to you.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:01:03 »
I  was going to say a similar thing as Nick - don't rely on the Kodak Gallery always being there.  Keep a safe copy of all your precious pics somewhere - doesn't have to be on your computer.  You can get a huge capacity external hard drive for not very much money and keep them on it so that you can restore them if needed.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 13:02:48 »
We do have prints of nice pictures made into cards and presentations for our clients. Kodak can do this for me, instead of my amateur attempts. I still have all my discs of photos so no worries, this frame just make it easier to view an album. Which is something we just don't seem to do nowadays.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal