Author Topic: Windows Live Mail  (Read 2012 times)

pntalbot

• Half Acre
Windows Live Mail
« on: October 19, 2011, 14:16:18 »
When I open Windows Live Mail and go to top left hand corner and select Email Message, then write Message then send it then goes to OUTBOX  instead of immediately being sent.I have to go to Send/Receive Icon click on my default Account, it then sends OK, but it used to send straight away without going to OUTBOX---- any ideas please what I have done wrong ??

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Windows Live Mail
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 14:50:15 »
On the left top corner there is small blue tab with 'list' icon and tiny arrow down...click that drop down menu.
Click on ''mail''
click on ''send'' tab
now have you got ''send messages immediately'' ticked?..if not, tick that and ''apply''.

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 15:24:34 »
Thanks for Info Goodlife but still the same. Went to Icon above Email Message on top l/handside that looks like an open book with arrow down, then Options / mail/send --already ticked -- so unticked then reticked & applied & OK-- Is it still me that is wrong ? ?

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 15:44:01 »
How about if you go to 'Tools' then Options then Send.  The box for 'Send messages immediately' should be ticked.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 18:46:20 »
Squash64 --Thanks for Help but still the same, any Email Message when Sent  goes to `OUTBOX first--didn`t used to.By the way At Windows Live Mail, I never `sign in`just use my  Email address thats in the email Account,  for 2yrs this has been fine since I installed Windows 7,as I used to be with Outlookl Express---don`t use other Extras in Windows Live Mail--photos etc .Any other ideas would be welcome

darren69

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 18:50:34 »
have you set your email account as the default account

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 19:27:48 »
Technically all mail sent goes to the Outbox before being sent but mostly you never see it.
You can set (under Options - Mail - General) to check for mail every minute which forces a send as well as recieve every minute...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 19:54:35 »
THANKS  Darren69 you steered me in the right direction--All is OK now. Thanks also to `barriedalenick` AND ALL OTHER PEOPLE for  Input
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 19:56:53 by pntalbot »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal