Author Topic: Ideas for homemade ******** presents  (Read 4180 times)

plainleaf

• Hectare
Re: Ideas for homemade ******** presents
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 21:30:19 »
fruit cakes make good presents if do not eat them they make great door stops and paper weights.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 22:22:00 »
Last year I gave my brothers and their spouses a little box with smallish bottles of sloe gin and bramble brandy plus preserved blackberries.... they all went down very well so I'll probably give them the same again this year but with additional cakes, will also make sure they get some small cakes for kiddies stockings (always a big tradition in our family, kids are allowed into them as soon as they wake up, rather than annoying mum and dad, there's always some sweets and some fruit)

I'll almost certainly make the christmas pud this year, and watching Choccywoccydoodah is giving me some insane christmas cake ideas.... top of the list is a pile of small cakes, bound together with the icing like a pile of exceedingly rich profiteroles.... you basically take off a small cake rather than cutting a slice.....

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 10:21:37 »
 please  have anyone on here have a link to ideas for making Xmas tree decorations using patchwork or applique designs i have some Xmas fabric scraps planning to use up  thanking you all

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 14:35:06 »
Sorry for being late with my Honey mustard recipe...but here it goes...

200ml whipping cream
100g mustard powder
100ml sugar
100ml runny honey
2 eggs
2 tbls white wine or cider vinegar
1. Heat the cream until it boils few bubbles on surface. Mix together mustard, sugar and honey and and add the cream.
2. Add the eggs into mustard mix and warm it up again on stove until mix boils..IT NEEDS TO BE STIRRED CONTINUALLY over gentle heat so it doesn't burn on the bottom of the pan!!!!!
3. Let the mix cool down and then add the vinegar.  Jar it up and keep it in fridge a week before using it.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 15:23:21 »
This thread is bad for your waistline! my mouths watering again now!!
you talented bunch!
xSunloving

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal