Author Topic: Kikuza in UK  (Read 1638 times)

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
Kikuza in UK
« on: October 20, 2011, 19:10:27 »
After seeing GrannieAnnies recent squash thread I loved the look of the Kikuza squash so would like to try it myself.  Has anyone grown it successfully in Blighty, especially up north (I'm a bit north of Newcastle)?

Also, does anyone know a UK seed source for them as google brought nothing up for me?

plainleaf

• Hectare
Re: Kikuza in UK
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 19:33:43 »
you can not buy them in uk. you need to have then sent from USA.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 20:43:42 »
Jeannine gave me my seed from Canada. I'll be glad to send some for the UK seed exchange if you let me know address of person boxing them up.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 20:54:51 »
After seeing GrannieAnnies recent squash thread I loved the look of the Kikuza squash so would like to try it myself.  Has anyone grown it successfully in Blighty, especially up north (I'm a bit north of Newcastle)?

Also, does anyone know a UK seed source for them as google brought nothing up for me?

Kikuza is a warmth loving moschata squash.  Tricky that far north outside a greenhouse or polytunnel.  Several European but no UK seed source.  They are on offer on Ebay though imported from USA.

http://www.bobby-seeds.com/Kikuza::35.html?products_id=35&language=en&XTCsid=64b75fee9bcaa37100064b19835e18e9

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 21:06:34 »
Looks like you can pay in euros through paypal, should be easy.
I love the warty one  :o

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:37:06 »
The seed exchange would be good but unfortunately I don't have anything to put into it with most things not doing well this year.  I think it was a combination of drought and soil finally running out of nutrients since my dad gave up keeping pigeons (no more pigeon manure).  I may have a few Indian Woman beans if I can get past the wasp nest right next to them  :o

That link has some beauties on it!  I plan to grow them in a hoop house so hopefully they will do ok when I get some seed.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal