Author Topic: Grumpy woman's rant...  (Read 32641 times)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
Re: Grumpy woman's rant...
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 02:03:41 »
To be honnest I find the phrase: "Have a good day!" just a little hard to stomach...all the more so if I'm having a bad one... which I might be if we're shopping.  :-\

If it was meant with all sincerity it'd be very nice to think someone cared. But, let's be honnest, does the checkout person really give a st**f whether I do or I don't have a good day?

Why can't they stick to a very English, "Thank you. Goodbye"

(I do like the Americans really.... well one or two of them......I've not met them all)  ::)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 06:38:16 »
...today started well..woke up 4am for weird noise...one of the glass panels in our shower cubicles shattered.. :o
..glass everywhere... >:(
So now I'm waiting the morning to progress so I can start major cleaning.. ::)..make tons of noise...I'm sure more than just odd 'not so nice' words will escape from my lips.. ::)
What next..

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 07:02:22 »
...today started well..woke up 4am for weird noise...one of the glass panels in our shower cubicles shattered.. :o
..glass everywhere... >:(
So now I'm waiting the morning to progress so I can start major cleaning.. ::)..make tons of noise...I'm sure more than just odd 'not so nice' words will escape from my lips.. ::)
What next..

The smiley at the end made me laugh... sorry.  :-[ It's not funny starting the day too early with a problem.  :(

Reminds me of: "No. NO... I don't want a 4'x2'x18" fish tank upstairs in your room. It's too heavy and there's too much water if it leaks. No!"

Arrived home days later to discover..... yep, you guessed...so OH had given in and 20 yr old son had the tank in place.

Days Nights later: "Bang... followed by quite a bit of noise and rushing about at 2am... for some people.  :'(

I went to the ground floor and moved the computer, put a bucket in its place and went straight back to bed. Next morning they were all surprised that I said very little. What was there to say? "Told you so"  ::)

The insurance went up this year by almost £100 as predicted.  >:(

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 08:04:31 »
Morning cuppa to calm nerves.. ::)..at least it wasn't fish tank..now that would have pushed me over the edge.. ::)
Took good hour to find paperwork for the shower..and now 'all' I have to do is wait shops to open and start doing some telephone calls.. ::)
Apprantely glass is not covered by 'lifetime guarantee'... ::)..that life time was short..2 yrs.. ::)..and it wasn't cheap cubicle neither.. ::)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 08:16:23 »
Morning cuppa to calm nerves.. ::)..at least it wasn't fish tank..now that would have pushed me over the edge.. ::)
Took good hour to find paperwork for the shower..and now 'all' I have to do is wait shops to open and start doing some telephone calls.. ::)
Apprantely glass is not covered by 'lifetime guarantee'... ::)..that life time was short..2 yrs.. ::)..and it wasn't cheap cubicle neither.. ::)

Insurance claim?
I'd suggest checking the cost of a replacement first - once you've taken off your excess and considered hike in next year's home insurance costs you just might be better off to grin swear and bear it.  :(

Not a good start to the day. Here'shoping it gets better rapidly.  ;)

pumkinlover

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2011, 08:40:55 »
Oh dear
I think you will be digging deep into the pockets to get that one sorted.
A small piece of glass fell off our cooker and it was nearly 90 quid, only 6" x 20" sort of size. Not worth claiming on insurance! :(

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2011, 09:58:26 »
Oh dear
I think you will be digging deep into the pockets to get that one sorted.
A small piece of glass fell off our cooker and it was nearly 90 quid, only 6" x 20" sort of size. Not worth claiming on insurance! :(

I discovered a £100 increase for this years home insurance renewal and that is likely to stay in place for at least 3 and maybe 5 years until I have several years claim-free.

Claim-free makes a huge difference to cost. It seems insurance companies are happy to give you insurance as long as you never use the policy!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2011, 10:40:22 »
We try to avoid insurance claim.. ::)
Luckily the shop we bought the cubicle from is going to try to sort it with manufacturer for us. They already warned that they try to play 'ball game' and avoid getting involved.. ::) Apprantely this sort of things do happen now and then..nothing new for our supplier..so at the time being its going to be just waiting game and shower curtain as temperary measure.
At least I survived my morning shopping with any further accidents.... ::) No rants now..for a day..I promise..  ;)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2011, 17:38:04 »
Here's wishing you the best of luck with getting the problem sorted amicably and without full cost of a replacement.

It sounds promising.  ;)

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2011, 18:20:43 »
A rant thread is quite handy, think it should be expanded to men as well and kept permanently in place...

Daughter No 1 (at university) lost her iphone a couple of weeks ago. Left it on the table in a restaurant. We decided not to claim on the insurance because of hike in premiums etc. Lucky girl was given a reconditioned but still good ebay iphone, which she has had for less than ONE week. And guess what....

An email today, 'minor' oops, I think not, she has left this one at a friend's last night and is hoping she can get it back, no news so far.

Grrrr.  That will be her last iphone until she pays for it herself.

>:( >:( >:(

PS Goodlife I hope your luck turns for the better and that you get the problem sorted.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 18:29:53 »
A rant thread is quite handy, think it should be expanded to men as well .............. and kept permanently in place...

You mean it isn't available for men to rant or it should be available so men can be ranted about?  ;D

Personally I think it would be sexist if us men were to take any nothice of gender when it comes to ranting. Both sexes are pretty good at it and it's good for you in a controlled environment so I'm going to rant here whenever I feel the need.

Permanent? It will be if we keep it going.  ;)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Grumpy woman's rant...men can rant too!
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2011, 18:43:24 »
 ;D everybody is free change the heading for the subject on their message.. ;D...and keep the rants coming.. ;D
I've just spent day clearing the glass bits off..huh..what a job..only thing that glitters now is the shiny surfaces..spotless.. ;) ;D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2011, 18:47:49 »
You see some good may come of it in the long run.  ;)

I'm sure there's a proverb that says that more succinctly...if only I could think of it.  ::)  ;)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 10:30:05 »
Well this really annoys me or should I say worries me is the young pizza delivery boys on scooters that don't know how to drive them and do wheelies, and boys/men on motor bikes who wear a helmet but don't cover their arms or legs, sometimes in shorts and tee shirt, and they are always the ones that drive too fast, how painful would that be if they came off.  I feel like shouting at them, but with the noise of the bike they probably wouldn't hear or care.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2011, 13:24:35 »
This is probably nowt to do with bicycles or the road but here goes anyway.
Old women(thats people of my age) with shopping trolleys are my pet hate. I avoid them whenever possible.
We were stood looking at a card rack when one of them there trolleys was pushed into the back of my legs. Of course I fell back and landed on my wrist which broke. When I managed to get up all we could see was the woman running out of the shop with her trolley. Probably off to find someone else to barge in to.
What hurt the most was that I couldn't garden properly for 6 weeks.

That happened to me in the local Waitrose.....man in a suit....I think I must be invisible. I wasn't dawdling; in the way or anything. Got me right in the achillies tendon x2. 18 months later and guess what, I have achillies tendonitis...why would that be I wonder.....then I remember that incident. I had to abandon my shopping that day and go home.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2011, 11:14:00 »
Hope nobody minds me have a wee rant about the surgerys receptionist,I ordered double scripts as Iam away on HOLIDAY  ;D for three weeks,took the scripts to chem ,got drugs,next day discovered diabetic drug not there, the chemist said not on script :o ,asked how can this be ? ::)got to surgery asked why is has happened, :-was told by the whinney bimbo,oh! I don't know ::),ask politely while getting madder,think you should find out and get me a new script,this is not a packet of aspirins that have gone astray IS IT!  :-X was told come back in TWO DAYS that would be Sunday ???,Iwas rageing by now I was still speaking english quite well, (Glaswegain)I replyed, NO! you will go asp get the script I will sit down, if this is NOT put right YOU are going to regret this so VERY much MISS  >:( >:(was fixed in 3 mins,all sorted, 8) not usually like that RANT over :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2011, 11:29:54 »
Ohh..well done with the medicine! Our surgery's receptionist are all..hmm..don't really know how to describe ::)..stupid is not strong enough word.
Often they make mistakes and like in your case they 'hide' behind their own rules...48hrs wait for the prescription.. ::)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2011, 11:33:53 »
Doctors receptionists would need a thread all of their own ;) ;D.

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2011, 11:59:27 »
Don't get me talking about doctors receptionists.....grrrrr......it got so bad I changed mine earlier this year!  .....and they thought that Hitler was a threat to world domination!!!!!!!
Grow yer bugger grow!

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2011, 13:42:56 »
Why is it..
That cyclist don't use the cyclist paths when there is those available?..nobody walking on there..just straight and long cycling paths...it should be heaven for a good pedaling..instead they are balancing on the edge of the road being danger to themselves and nuisance for drivers.... >:(
Because cyclist as a general group do not believe the Highway Code or the Road Traffic Act applies to them

That motorcyclist take liberties to mingle between cars as they see 'fit'?..coming from behind the cars and squeezing in between without warning..and drivers get blamed if something goes wrong.. >:(
Why not, if you can slip down the line you speed up the traffic because  you are moving and not making the queue longer.  Motor bikes dont take up as much room as a car. What drives me up the wall is people crawling along below the speed limit, and even worse selfish brianless morons that dont pull all the way up to the line at traffic lights.

Do these people not realise that by keeping ten or fifteen feet behind the line
a) they are occupying two or more car lengths, and therefore hogging more road than the rest of the queue. Where there are lights close together, they are preventing somine getting over the previous set of lights onto the end of this queue, and thefore slowind someons journey down.
b) they effectively shorten the time the lights are at green by the time time it takes all the cars to traverse the gap in front of them and the lights and therefore are strangling  the traffic flow and
c) the detectors in the ground wont see the queue of cars if they dont pull up to the line, and therefore they make everyone wait longer for the lights to cycle to that lane by default, rather than the lights spotting the queue and changing more quickly.

Not pulling up at the line =  significantly increasing congestion and slowing the traffic down, and therefore poor driving and selfish behaviour. And whats the point? If they wanted you to stop fifteen feet away from the lights, thats where they would have drawn the line, not right next to the lights. If you are guilty of doing this, people, then you are a useless, selfish, idiot driver!!!

That drivers in supermarket car parks don't care about which way the traffic is supposed to go?..regardless of the signs..nor things like indicators seem to work anymore on carpark situation.. >:(
Because supermarket car parks are private land , and the Road Traffic Act doesnt apply to it, anymore than it applies to my living room or back garden. Which is why parking 'tickets' from private parking companies  (actually unsolicited invoice') are legally unenforceable.

As for the rest im not qualified to answer :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 13:55:10 by lincsyokel2 »
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal