Author Topic: Just thought I would share my lovely eBay bargain....  (Read 11165 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Just thought I would share my lovely eBay bargain....
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 08:24:30 »
I try to ensure mine is cleared by the end of October, at which point I'll be starting some overwintering salads/greens on the kitchen windowsill and washing down the GH with jeyes fluid... by the time the greens are ready to go in the GH the Jeyes will ahve faded.... I'll have to dig out the borders and replace the soil, plus I need to build a divider so that I'm not stuck with trying to heat the whole edifice in February when the main seed sowing season starts again. I've got a big soil-warming cable to make a massive propagator out of plus 8  trays of commercial propagators so I need ot build some staging too.... Then come December I need to have built the LED growlights I want to use to try and get my onions going a bit better this year....

Ruth Rocket

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 13:23:36 »
Thanks again for the info crisc I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, but you have given me an idea!  It is up now and so far it's like our little allotment house, which is cool as our shed is a walk away so we can keep some non valuable items in it!  I will post a pic later x

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 14:00:43 »
For my allotment!
Quite excited As it was a bargain!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greenhouse-/320762443812?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV&hash=item4aaeee782http://

Bum! that was only up the road from me!!!
Where abouts are you Ruth? my plot is near Luton rd!
Grow yer bugger grow!

Ruth Rocket

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 22:06:05 »
Ah Louise!  I am in Rochester, Watts Meadow plots!  The new 16 they have made!  Good to meet a Medway Allotmenter xxxxx

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2011, 22:15:22 »
hehe small cyber world :)

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 23:03:45 »
Ah Louise!  I am in Rochester, Watts Meadow plots!  The new 16 they have made!  Good to meet a Medway Allotmenter xxxxx

That's nice! It's good to make new friends.

louise stella

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 00:35:42 »

We can moan about MEdway council together!  : )
Grow yer bugger grow!

louise stella

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 00:37:52 »
New greenhouses on my allotment site are very often accompanied by some sort of mesh screen between them and the public footpath to reduce the chance of 'stray' stones and golf-balls causing damage.

It might be worth considering?  ;)

Yep! - here too - we are next to the driving range!  I turned down one plot right next to it........all the golf balls meant i'd have to garden with a tin hat on!
Grow yer bugger grow!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 01:07:49 »
New greenhouses on my allotment site are very often accompanied by some sort of mesh screen between them and the public footpath to reduce the chance of 'stray' stones and golf-balls causing damage.

It might be worth considering?  ;)

Yep! - here too - we are next to the driving range!  I turned down one plot right next to it........all the golf balls meant i'd have to garden with a tin hat on!

Sad thing is where our plots are there is no golf club or even an open field. The golf balls are driven over the fence by neighbouring children from the safety of their gardens while mummy and daddy are out.  >:(

Ruth Rocket

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 20:18:34 »

Louise is Medway putting the cost of all the allotments up on all sites and charging for all sheds?   I didn't know that!  What a bummer! X

louise stella

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 12:39:40 »

Louise is Medway putting the cost of all the allotments up on all sites and charging for all sheds?   I didn't know that!  What a bummer! X

I think so - the excuse we were given is......."to help pay for new sites"........I just think they are cashing in on demand!
The sheds are going to be £15 per year !!!!!  We had break-ins this year and have just had all our door frames replaced - so I suppose it's fair for this year - but I may buy my own next year if I can afford it!
Grow yer bugger grow!

louise stella

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 12:40:30 »
I paid £33 last year for a 20 rod plot!
Grow yer bugger grow!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 14:57:14 »
I paid £33 last year for a 20 rod plot!

£33 ? Good or bad?

I paid £48 for 12 rod. (Not complaining but hope it doesn't increase next year)

Ruth Rocket

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 22:39:03 »
Not too keen on increases, though our shed is pukka! very secure and water tight!  possibly better to pay £15 per year.... the money i save in tescos is untrue!  ha! 

louise stella

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 17:01:14 »
I think my plot is good value - it's just the percentage of the increase that is galling!  The local council did nothing for their allotments for years - but now they have discovered that they are back in demand they put the rents up! 
My shed has just had a new frame because they were rotten - but the committee has done that!

Ruth - your plot/site/shed are all great !  You have done really well in a very short time! 
Grow yer bugger grow!

Ruth Rocket

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 22:39:32 »
Louise how many rods do you think my plot is?  Fascinated with the rod measurement lol!

Thanks for the kind words...... I am so chuffed you gave us the Jerusalem artichokes...... I cannot believe I got to age xxxxxxx (insert age!) and  had never tried them.... My new fave veg!

Our plots are new and all mod cons... Maybe the rents will go up next year????

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal