Author Topic: glass trouble  (Read 4143 times)

bongo

• Not So New ...
glass trouble
« on: February 06, 2005, 18:01:46 »
hello all help me please!!!!!just brought a second hand greenhouse.spent all weekend putting it up come to glaze it but glass is two diffrent hights??whats the right way of glazing??so far have done one section seams to work with 3 small and one larger at top. im worried if i carry on this way when i come to the roof it could be wrong any answers or ideas???thank bongo!!! ;D
bongo the blacksmith www.jbmetalworks.co.uk

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: glass trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 18:54:47 »
Obviously it depends on the type of greenhouse, but in the one I have the glass in the side is (starting at the floor), large, small, small. In the roof again (starting at the eaves) it is large small,small. You would need to see how many of each size you have available. For the above system you would need 4 times the number of spaces in the sides of small panes and twice the number of large times the number of spaces.
So in a greenhouse with 4 spaces for glass in the sides, you would need 4 x 4 = 16 small and 4 x2 =8 large. Then there is the gable end and the door end.
I suggest you count the number of pieces of glass in each size and see if you can work out the arithmetic as above.
Our 3 glasshouses are all different arrangements!
Gardening is the great leveller.

bongo

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 18:50:18 »
thanks for that shall dig out the abacus ;D

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 19:07:43 »
Whatever you work out,  the easiest part is that the largest pieces of glass are always at the floor or the eaves.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 09:19:07 »
Largest pane goes at the bottom due to weight I suppose

bongo

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 21:59:41 »
greenhouse all glazed now and plastic sheeting added due to the mad weather in kent  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal