Author Topic: Shirley and Psycho  (Read 2463 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Shirley and Psycho
« on: September 19, 2011, 14:46:01 »
Psycho, the manic allotment cat who lives on my plot and is obsessed with me still scares me when she tries to rub against my legs.  I have scars from the last time she sank her claws into my leg.  I'm not used to cats and didn't really expect this sort of behaviour from one.  The other three cats on my plot are fine, it's just Psycho who does it.

So, imagine how surprised I was when I looked over to where she was feeding and saw ower Shirl stroking her!  Psycho carried on eating and didn't react at all.

[attachment=1]

[attachment=2]

I wish I knew how to get over this fear of being scratched.  I'm not frightened of any kind of dog, or of the other allotment cats.  It's just Psycho. 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

pumkinlover

Re: Shirley and Psycho
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 14:52:14 »
Looks like Shirl snook up from behind ;)

Maybe Psycho is just trying to get Shirl to do her portait?

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:19:06 »
A very nervous cat and well done to Shirl :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:50:06 »
Lovely to see Psycho making contact. She obviously recognises Shirl as a big softie! ;)

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 13:08:39 »
A very nervous cat and well done to Shirl :)

More like a very nervous Betty!  Shirl must have nerves of steel.

Psycho flung herself in front of my car yesterday and I had to drive around her, she did not intend to move.  She followed my car to the main gate this morning but fortunately didn't go through it.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 13:15:28 »
LOL ...........music to jaws would be good at this point :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 13:28:00 »
I think Psycho see you as competition.
When I moved to UK, I had to leave my cat to my parents..at the time my sister was still living there too.
My cat and sister didn't get on at all..in every opportunity it clawed her or did some sudden jumps towards her..until she left home. My cat stopped behaving with attitude towards my sister within couple of weeks.. :o When my sister visited my mother, cat didn't show no aggression what so ever and started to sit on her lap and wanted to be stroked.
We came to conclusion that as my sister didn't allow the cat into her room and my mother did as my sister requested and kept door closed or brought it back out if it managed to sneak into her room..cat saw my sister as the 'cause of all evil'.. ;D
Now I'm just wondering..what is it that Psycho is not allowed to do or is restricted from that it would see Squash as 'threat' to its supremacy.. ::) Obviously it wants to be the 'top dog'  ;D.

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 16:05:35 »
Lovely to see Psycho making contact. She obviously recognises Shirl as a big softie! ;)

I have a problem with Psycho wanting to make too much contact with me and because she has scratched me in the past she makes me a bit nervous.  Shirley is much braver than I am.  She also hasn't been scratched......yet.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 16:21:26 »
Now I'm just wondering..what is it that Psycho is not allowed to do or is restricted from that it would see Squash as 'threat' to its supremacy.. ::) Obviously it wants to be the 'top dog'  ;D.

;D  ;D  ;D
She already is the Top Dog!  She does whatever she likes and goes anywhere she wants, I would not be able to control her in any way! 

I have to keep a long-handled brush with me all the time to stop her rubbing herself against my legs.  I made the mistake once of brushing her with it so now when she sees me she runs over and lies down so she can be groomed.  She is supposed to be a feral cat and frightened of people but nobody's told her.

Two of the other ferals on my plot, Wanda and Keith are also friendly with me and like to be stroked but they haven't scratched me, yet.  E.T. is getting much better and follows me around but is not as confident as the others. 

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 18:02:37 »
Calico is Top Cat surely!  Sorry but I much prefer her old name.

And from one big softie to another...Well done Shirl!   :)
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 19:04:29 »
Calico is Top Cat surely!  Sorry but I much prefer her old name.

And from one big softie to another...Well done Shirl!   :)

Calico is a lovely name Flighty, but it's a bit too girly and doesn't suit her or her behaviour.

I think Shirl is very brave.  :)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal