Author Topic: Dale Farm  (Read 15516 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Dale Farm
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:59:28 »
Well what do we reckon? Should these honest hardworking travelling folk stay on their site defying the planning regs, or should they be hoofed off to go back on the road, which is something a lot of them believe in anyway. All that land they have and not a veg  garden in sight. Just concrete and tarmac.

I'm with the turfing them out camp and while we are at it, check the rent a mob crowd to see if they are on job seekers allowances, because they ain't exactly job seeking at the moment are they.

mpdjulie

• Acre
Re: Dale Farm
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:22 »
I'm with ACE on this one.  Why should they be allowed to not pay their way like tax paying normal folk.  They proclaim they want to be treated the same as anyone else yet they avoid rules and regulations that us law abiding people adhere to.  Can't have it both ways!!
Julie

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:50:10 »
Had to take a Valium before typing this, but I agree with Ace.

I don't know the ins and outs. I have heard that it is only part of the site that is illegal and it is a former scrap metal site, which might explain the lack of green.

The 'activists' should all be arrested for breach of the peace.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:08:47 »
Well what do we reckon? Should these honest hardworking travelling folk stay on their site defying the planning regs, or should they be hoofed off to go back on the road, which is something a lot of them believe in anyway. All that land they have and not a veg  garden in sight. Just concrete and tarmac.

I'm with the turfing them out camp and while we are at it, check the rent a mob crowd to see if they are on job seekers allowances, because they ain't exactly job seeking at the moment are they.

Good old Job Seekers Allowance eh? If there are riots or crowd disturbances at all, let's go for those on JSA. Spot a crime in progress? The offenders must be on benefits eh? Read something you don't like in the Daily Heil? Probably benefits scroungers............
Get a grip Ace. Believe it or not, not every wrongdoer is on the dole.
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:45:42 »
To many people who come to this country for some reason think the rules of the land should not apply to them.  My understanding is that many of the people on that site own property in Ireland.  I bet they have to pay their rates etc there.  As for these activists, arrest them and ship them out to somewhere like Somalia,  they might appreciate the UK if they ever make it back.  To many people worry to much about what they don't have instead of being grateful for what they have.  I'm with Ace on this. Rant over.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 11:47:45 »
We are joint owners with other family members of a 20 acre site in Malvern.

What is left of a cousin's farm.

Planning permission.....not bloody likely ::)

Maybe we should barricade ourselves in and build the house of our dreams. :o

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 14:17:04 »

Good old Job Seekers Allowance eh? If there are riots or crowd disturbances at all, let's go for those on JSA. Spot a crime in progress? The offenders must be on benefits eh? Read something you don't like in the Daily Heil? Probably benefits scroungers............
Get a grip Ace. Believe it or not, not every wrongdoer is on the dole.

I would read it again if I was you. Job seekers allowance should mean just that, go and seek for a job. If you are otherwise engaged come off of it and stop taking the working tax payers money. I also said 'check to see' and aimed my concerns at job seekers not all benefit claimers.

I wondered for a while if you were a claiment yourself and felt the need the support your brothers, fair play if you are and  actively seeking work

I have never had to claim for being out of work, don't call me lucky, I made sure I would never be in that position. Even when I was supposed to be un-employable due to being deemed disabled by the authorities. I found a job I could do.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 15:27:11 »
how does a Traveller's Site have Residents?

Isn't it just a Housing Estate for people with caravans?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 16:46:41 »
2 posts on this have been moved so far - unfortunately the person who posted them's inbox is full so we haven't been able to tell him why (although he should know). Everyone is entitled to their opinions - but let's not start calling people names.

p.s. Is anyone else getting the advert at the bottom for a "huge range of garden cabins"?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 17:13:14 »

p.s. Is anyone else getting the advert at the bottom for a "huge range of garden cabins"?

I  needed planning for a Garden cabin, but was alright with a caravan

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 17:14:23 »
No Ollie, but I got one for some flower show in Bavaria for single orchids.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 17:24:39 »
I've got it Ollie...  ???

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 17:49:08 »
Ollie

I've been getting that advert ever since posting that I was getting a new shed - about 2 years ago :D

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 17:55:25 »
On topic, sorry folks you have had your fun now move on.

Just for once it should be one rule for all.

Off topic. Compensation for a cycling accident advert ??? I haven't been hit while cycling yet :) Do they know something I don't ???
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 17:56:43 »
Turf them out, cant possibly be travellers if you stay in one place and i dare say that most of the houses wont ever move,
If i tried to set up home in a field the local authorities would bulldoze it down in a few days, why should they be treated any differently from me.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 17:59:38 »
Trespassers on your land?
Simply instruct our team of expert bailiffs to oversee their removal
www.enforcementofficers.co.uk

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 18:13:24 »
Muck spreaders work too if you have access to them and don't mind making a mess ;)
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 18:15:47 »
Well the high court has given them more time.
I think it's a sorry tale turned into accusations of ethnic cleansing etc.
I'd say it was simply we are all different but are bound by rules that we should all follow.
Sadly locally when "travellers" have stayed there have been several reports of lawbreaking and generally anti social behaviour,so just their mention is greeted with a groan.
A couple of years ago we wandered down to our sea front to watch a display by the Red Arrows (FAB) parking was a nightmare and we saw a handful of very bright shiny travellers vans parking on the beach lawns.When a couple of "non" travellers tried to do the same,just to watch the display they were told to move.One chap pointed to the traveller vans and said "what about those ?" and was told "oh no they're travellers 'can't move them on "
and they stayed for 2 weeks,when asked by the local press they said they were on holiday !!!
'you couldn't make it up could you.
sanity is overated

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 18:41:49 »
Can't help smiling at the thought that the cemented in rentamob are going to have an uncomfortable night. ;D ;D

PAULW

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 18:57:59 »
They wouldn't be able to do this in Ireland where most of them are from, I was over in Cork in 1983 there was a load of caravans parked on a verge not far from Cork airport I spotted these as I went in to Cork returning about an hour later the Gardi were there with tractors towing the vans onto the road and a JCB was digging a trench to prevent them from being able to park there again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal