Author Topic: Sperm bank turns down redheads  (Read 2267 times)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
Sperm bank turns down redheads
« on: September 18, 2011, 21:59:30 »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3820560/Sperm-bank-turns-down-redheads.html

"Historically, red hair was thought to be a mark of moral degeneration and beastly sexual desires.

Scotland has the highest proportion of gingers, affecting 13 per cent of the population, but it is estimated that there are somewhere between 6 to 18 million gingers in America."

:D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Sperm bank turns down redheads
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:34:11 »
Ace will be gutted.    :P :-X
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:09:07 »
Redhead often have pale skin so they need to ensure they do not spend too much time in THE SUN. ;D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:25:15 »
Redhead often have pale skin so they need to ensure they do not spend too much time in THE SUN. ;D

I think it's someting we should all try to avoid.  ;)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:38:34 »
Interesting, both my daughter and I have vivid red hair at the moment, (sadly not entirely naturally if you know what I mean...)  and we were really stared at when we were on holiday in Holland recently. I mean horrified stares! I think they thought we had escaped from a coven somewhere..... ;D ;D ;D

Makes me laugh at work when I'm looking after a couple whose baby has just been born and turns out to be redhead, and sometimes they are a bit 'oh no!', and I giggle and they look at me and realise......I just say, 'look, I have to PAY to look like this! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:29 »
A friend of mine gave birth to a redhead. When her second child was being delivered her question was 'what colour is it'? ;D ;D ;D.

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 09:12:17 »
Two of my three kids have red hair- they're a dark strawberry blonde.  My daughter has never had a problem with being bullied because of it but my son on the other hand was bullied relentlessly at school.  I have always told them that being red means they are original because most people are brown or blonde and they're different and rare and also anyone who takes the pee out of them are jealous because they're hair colour is boring.  My daughter loves her hair colour and refers to it as peach.  My son has tried to dye it several times - which is not so easy on  red hair - going black, blonde and brown but now I think he has given up and has been his natural colour for over a year now.
I hope they don't ever dye their hair in the future and I love it  ;D
Julie

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:03 »
Two of my three kids have red hair- they're a dark strawberry blonde.  My daughter has never had a problem with being bullied because of it but my son on the other hand was bullied relentlessly at school.  I have always told them that being red means they are original because most people are brown or blonde and they're different and rare and also anyone who takes the pee out of them are jealous because they're hair colour is boring.  My daughter loves her hair colour and refers to it as peach.  My son has tried to dye it several times - which is not so easy on  red hair - going black, blonde and brown but now I think he has given up and has been his natural colour for over a year now.
I hope they don't ever dye their hair in the future and I love it  ;D
Julie

Red hair runs in my family. I had a red beard (before it lost its sparkle and I shaved it off).  My paternal grandmother was red haired as are several cousins and one of my nieces. Something to be proud of in my opinion. I just wish my beard had retained its colour and it may have stayed around for longer... the joys of youth.  ;)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 14:24:15 »
Ace will be gutted.    :P :-X

I've had no complaints so far. ;)

Nothing wrong with it, just be a bit careful when you decorate otherwise you might clash with the wallpaper. As for the cheap imitations red hair is fantastic for a party but not much use for everyday
use.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 14:55:10 »
Here's a song about prejudice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 15:37:27 »
Just to wave the flag her for Nicola Roberts, the one from Girls Aloud. Wheras I cant stand the rest of her bandmates, especially the snobbish elitist Victoria Beckham, and the brainless airheaded bimbo Cheryl Cole, Nicola Roberts, having red hair and pale skin, has been an excellent model for Fair redheads, having not succumbed to pressure to bbecome permanently tanned, and has developed a range of makeup for pale skinned girls. Apart from being on the slightly skinny side (but its natural skinniness, not diet induced), she has always presented the right message to preteen girls about weight, diet, and looks.

Furthermore, unlike Cole, she does not rely on her looks to make money, which will fade, like all people's good looks do, but has demonstrated considerable business acumen in setting up various enterprises that will continue to provide her a living (and possible many jobs) all her life. An all round positive role model for young girls.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 15:40:08 by lincsyokel2 »
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal