Author Topic: moggy and doggie  (Read 2339 times)

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
moggy and doggie
« on: February 04, 2005, 14:45:14 »
Thought I'd show off my cat and MILs doggy.

First up there is Mortimer.  Not the best pic, I really must take some more of him, especially since he seems to have grown a bit suddenly and is quite a big kitty now (big pansy more like!)

This is Elandra, my MILs Australian Cattle Dog.  Quite a character.

There are more pics here

I really want a dog, just convincing dh now  ;D want a schnauzer.

oo just read there some more horse fans here so:

Spike RIP  :'(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 14:47:26 by nattyem »

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: moggy and doggie
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 20:11:49 »
Hi Em,

I love your photographs. I'm one of the horse fans and the pic of Spike is gorgeous - beautiful markings. Sorry to hear he isn't with you any more though.  :(

Elandra looks full of intelligence,  mischief with a ready for anything, anytime, day or night expression!!  :P 

I must admit to not being much of a cat person but Mortimer would melt even my heart. He looks so innocent and those 'puddy paws' of his are unbelievable. I think he's gonna be quite a cat when he'd fully grown. Bet he just loves a cuddle.

Just noticed - more pics to see - off to have a look now.

LATER.

Really enjoyed those Em the wedding , the babies, the pets - everything!!   8) ;D Thanks for letting us share your family.  :)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 20:24:02 by eileen »

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 22:32:44 »
your cat looks very cool and posing for the camera, very laid back!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 18:01:37 »
I'm another horse fan Em - Spike was beautiful, how long did you have him?    I love the photo of Mortimer and ,like Eileen says, I think he is going to be a big boy judging by the size of his paws.  How unusual to have an AS dog - not many of them around.  I have been to quite a number of shows and there don't seem to be many.  Great character :)

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

NattyEm

• Acre
    • Em and Lous Lottie
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 20:15:00 »
That pic of Mort is quite old, and he is a big boy now!

Spike was MILs she had two horses at the time, had him from a foal I think he was 4 when he had to be put down due to bad laminitis :( I think he is the most beautiful appy I've ever seen.  The REALLY sad part was that her other horse (a 14hh skewbald cob with the most laid back nature going) that she had had for about 14 years had to be put down on the same day as she had back problems and had started fitting.  I was heavily pregnant with my twins at the time and we were all inconsolable for a long time.  I really miss the both of them.  When I first moved down to Dorset I lived with hubby and his parents (and his grandparents!) for a year; and before I found a job I would spend hours sat in the stable talking to Gypsy, and I relearned to ride on her having not ridden for a long time.  We have been kinda looking for ponies for my girls recently though ;D  I can't believe I haven't ridden since I fell pregnant.  MIL has no horse at the moment and I can't afford or have time to buy/loan one full time, and I don't have any friends with anything suitable to lend me *sniff*.

Right I'll stop feeling sorry for myself now.

And my expierence of ACDs, not sure it's a breed I would want although Elandra is beautiful and charming, and almost human in her actions she can be very demanding, a bit snappy with strangers (human and canine alike) was a bugger with the horses.  How much of her nature is down to the way she has been handled though I wouldn't like to speculate.....

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 22:39:49 »
Gorgeous animals NattyEm.  I love both cats and dogs and have both.  Nice to see what an Austrailian Cattle dog looks like because that is what i came out as in the 'what kind of dog are you' thread.    Kind of fits me  ??? ??? ???

Elandra is beautiful and charming, and almost human in her actions she can be very demanding, a bit snappy with strangers (human and canine alike) was a bugger with the horses.  How much of her nature is down to the way she has been handled though I wouldn't like to speculate..... :-X

Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal