Author Topic: joint help for ageing greyhound - ideas?  (Read 2285 times)

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
joint help for ageing greyhound - ideas?
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:19 »
Hello,
My Mum's ex-racer greyhound is getting very stiff. Anyone got any bright ideas for a joint supplement that will help ease the creaky joints?
Thank you
CLx

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
Re: joint help for ageing greyhound - ideas?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51:34 »
Cod liver oil is a good supliment to add to his diet. Those magnetic collars seem to offer some good effect as does raising his bed a little off the ground (away from drafts) and adding a snuggle safe microwaveable heated cushion to his bed as it will give off a gentle heat all night.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 15:15:56 »
Hi CostwoldLass

I have got my lurcher on Newmarket something - I have got it at home but can't remember the second part of the name!  (Could be something like joint powder)

She has/had a very difficult time with her cruciate ligament and has arthritis in the knee joint.

She seems to be doing well on this powder and you only give them a tiny spoonful with their food.

I will post the name next week as I am at work and can't remember what it is called!

O B

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 18:28:36 »

Good old "Tiger Balm"  every time.  :o   Cheers,    Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

sara g

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 21:21:52 »
Hi
I give my old dog chrondroitin, glucosamine and omega 3 supplement made by vetzyme, hes been on it for a couple of years now and its made such a difference with his mobility, its definately worth a try. Most good pet stores sell it, go for the high strength variety.
Hope this helps x

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 21:24:55 »
if you can get hold of a 'Countrymans weekly' from the newsagent they have several adverts for supplements and sometimes advice on this subject, :)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 21:33:15 »
My 10 year old cocker spaniel is on Whites senior light with added glucosamine, condroitin and MSM. She has not needed any additional medication for a year now.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal