Author Topic: Summer Raspberry Glen Lyons fruiting now Advice needed please  (Read 1101 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Summer Raspberry Glen Lyons fruiting now Advice needed please
« on: September 02, 2011, 20:38:46 »
I have Glen Lyon which I got on a special offer and they fruited a bit earlier this year.  The top of the canes rotted off but they produced lots of fruit on the remaining canes. But  now they have decided to fruit on the new growth.

I am now very confused by them.   Should I leave them to do their own thing or cut off the fruit.

Chrispy

• Hectare
Re: Summer Raspberry Glen Lyons fruiting now Advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 22:05:07 »
A fellow plot holder also has some Glen Moy that are doing the same, fruiting on the new growth.

Can't help as we are as confused as you, so you are not alone.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 12:05:45 »
Many thanks for your post.  I cannot remember having this before.  Perhaps someone has some experience of it.

ajb

• Half Acre
    • My garden blog
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 20:40:51 »
Sorry, can't be of much help as I've never seen that before. Are all of them fruiting again?
No fruit tree knowingly left un-tried. http://abseeds.blogspot.com/

Stopp

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 20:46:46 »
My blackberry bush has done the same, picked all the fruit last week and now its flowering again on new shoots ...... Bees are loving it but I'm not sure the plant will have time to produce fruit before the first frosts hit.

Sharon T
Sharon T

realfood

• Hectare
    • Grow Your Own Fruit and Vegetables
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 18:55:02 »
Leave them to do their own thing and enjoy the fruit. I have seen this before and is probably caused by a cold spell being followed by a warm spell tricking the plant into thinking that there has been a Winter this Summer.
For a quick guide for the Growing, Storing and Cooking of your own Fruit and Vegetables, go to www.growyourown.info

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal