Author Topic: Poor babies!  (Read 1529 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Poor babies!
« on: August 29, 2011, 18:43:09 »
These two baby goldfinches stunned themselves flying into my patio doors at the same time. I picked them up, stroked their backs a bit then sat them on the table to recover. Then the sun came out so I gave them a shelter.

One flew off soon after I put the crock over them but the other one stayed for more than half an hour until I went very close and it finally flew off.

I have a lot of bird feeders, which, unfortunately, I can't put anywhere else, so when the feeding birds get scared by something and they all fly off at once they quite frequently fly into my windows - even though I have a dark coloured fly screen curtain inside where the door opening is.

Last summer I had the perfect outline of a pigeon in flight on the window - the loud bang he made scared me half to death, but he flew off so obviously no real harm done.

Tricia

[attachment=1]

[attachment=2]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 18:46:47 by tricia »

pumkinlover

Re: Poor babies!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 18:52:14 »
Your good deed for the day :D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 20:44:02 »
Oh look at those lovely little cuties!  Such a shame :(  Tricia, is there no way you can hang something outside your patio doors like little shiny things on a string to keep them away or is it really just a case of panicing when they all fly off at once? 

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 23:20:33 »
Yes - it's when they all panic that this happens. I think the trees in the lane beyond my small garden must be reflected in the glass.

Tricia

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal