Author Topic: Allium Rotation...does it apply to potato onions?  (Read 1956 times)

Hector

• Hectare
Allium Rotation...does it apply to potato onions?
« on: August 23, 2011, 16:12:51 »
Do I have to do a 6 year rotation with potato onions??
Jackie

plainleaf

• Hectare
Re: Allium Rotation...does it apply to potato onions?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 17:11:41 »
that would depend are they potatoes or onions. if onion yes. if potatoes you follow potatoes rotation.
just kidding. the answer is obvious.  next you will be asking what type toads to put in toad in the hole.

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 17:23:29 »
that would depend are they potatoes or onions. if onion yes. if potatoes you follow potatoes rotation.
just kidding. the answer is obvious.  next you will be asking what type toads to put in toad in the hole.

erm...I didnt know if it was a true allium or not :) So I rotate them like other alliums? I wondered if them being perrenial made a difference.
Jackie

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 17:31:35 »
Mine are staing in a perennial bed so will not be rotating XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 20:54:51 »
Just don't plant them somewhere you're going to plant another allium the following year.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 17:11:37 »
I'd rotatoe them as per shallots.... got a nasty feeling I've lopst all of mine to onion white rot, but it's possible some have set seeds.... they all flowered so fingers crossed....

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 23:39:26 »
Just seen your post Chriscross, sorry to hear about your onion rot :( Good luck with shallot seed
Jackie

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 07:13:04 »
I'd rotatoe them as per shallots.... got a nasty feeling I've lopst all of mine to onion white rot, but it's possible some have set seeds.... they all flowered so fingers crossed....

Ooh - thanks for this - I just remembered I replanted 2 of mine as they were flowering - must go and check on them tonight. I had completely forgotten about them.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal