Author Topic: Help needed - no longer receiving emails  (Read 1847 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Help needed - no longer receiving emails
« on: August 30, 2011, 21:54:57 »
Since Thursday I have not received any emails. We used to be with AOL so my email address was and remains ......@aol.com despite now being with another server.
The OH tried to send to send me an email but it can not be sent the reason stated is that there is a problem with my email address. Other email addresses with  .....aol.com are fine - and I was still able to send an email last night.
Has anyone any idea how I can resolve this problem?

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: Help needed - no longer receiving emails
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 22:07:38 »
If by 'another server' you mean you've changed internet provider, it may be that your AOL address is no longer live as you no longer have an AOL account.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 22:29:52 »
Yes, I mean another provider......but all the other email addresses in the house are fine

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 22:58:21 »
They may have canceled the main e-mail address you had with your account, but not canceled any extra ones you have had added.

If you PM me your e-mail address, I will give it a try and see what I get back, then I may be able to shed more light on the problem.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:10:40 »
Other people have tried to send emails to me this morning, but they cannot be delivered because there is 'an error with the address'.

We changed internet provider several years ago and we all have been using our AOL email addresses since then. I phoned them up today and was told that I was not the named person so they couldn't help me so the OH will try when he gets home from work -hopefully that will work!

It has been suggested that my email address has been taken over and used for spam and consequently has now been shut down >:(

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 12:37:15 »
If you have changed ISP's then it is probable that your email box is now "incoming only", in other words, the old ISP has stopped you sending emails through their server. This is the usual practice, but with AOL anything could happen. That's why I have email boxes on my own domain rather than an ISP domain. That way your emails never get interrupted.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 12:54:50 »
if your old email account was dial up. it may have been suspended or deleted, even though you were still able to use it. Using it isn't enough to keep it active, you have to dial up. Maybe there is an option to reactivate the account via the web mail page

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 20:35:05 »
OH spoke to them -  we are not the only ones and apparently AOL have had lots of calls about this. It is a problem with the server which they hopefully will be sorting out....so we will wait and see!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal