Author Topic: Buying a bicycle  (Read 5303 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Buying a bicycle
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2011, 13:36:00 »
I got myself and the missus a couple of tread irons a month or so ago. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Bike-18-speed-full-suspension/dp/B003XN3JSQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1315139111&sr=1-4

We have been using them regulary while on touring around with the caravan, not for any enviromental reasons, just touring the local pubs and a bit of leisure riding around the area where we were staying. Apart from the saddles which we replaced, I can't fault them. Easy to unfold, easy to ride and easy to push up hills in Wales. They were £50 cheaper when we got ours, so check around for better prices.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2011, 00:55:31 »
Not a bad looking bike ACE. Are they heavy?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 06:14:24 »
Not a bad looking bike ACE. Are they heavy?

You would not want to carry it far, but loading in a car etc, just right. Although they are a bit big for the average car boot.

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011, 08:49:52 »
They look good, Ace. I bought myself a Brompton folding bike a couple of years ago on our 'bike to work' scheme, but it was horrible! Fine when tested in the car park of the bike shop, but useless on hills and the pedals were really skiddy and too close together. And the tiny wheels turned it into a trick-bike as soon as I'd had a couple of pints, and I nearly went over the handlebars!

I like the old 1970s Raleigh 20 shoppers, they are quite heavy but very comfortable, OK on hills and much less stealable than a new bike. You can get folding versions, and some people mod them to make them lighter http://www.hadland.me.uk/twenty.htm

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 12:10:40 »
Folding bicycles?

Try here.  ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal