Author Topic: discs photos  (Read 1936 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
discs photos
« on: February 05, 2005, 23:49:23 »
 Hi can one of you good peeps give me a 4yr old child ::) guide to copying my photos onto a disc please.  Much appreciated.

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: discs photos
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 12:16:07 »
Which Windows version do you have, it helps as they all do it slightly differently? Also, are your photos stored in My Pictures folder on your computer when you down load them from your camera? And do you mean Compact disc or floppy disc?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 12:20:44 by Palustris »
Gardening is the great leveller.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 22:31:38 »
Hi Eric i have windows 2000.  I keep my photos in my pictures.
 Compact disc.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 10:25:40 »
Photo Saving to Compact Disc

Place a new CD in your CD Writing disc drive.
On the choice screen which should come up. choose Do nothing.
Single Right Click (SRC) on Start
SRC on My Pictures.
(or do whatever you normally do to find this set of folders on your machine)
In My Pictures you should see a list of the sub-folders in which you saved your photos.
If you have saved your photos  just in My Pics and all you see are your pictures rather than folders go to @@@ further on in this screed.
SRC on the sub-folder which contains the pictures to be saved to disc.
If you have more than one folder to be saved, we will come back to the next one later. Do not worry about it yet.
###SRC on File to bring a Drop Down Menu. (DDM)
Move the mouse cursor to Send to ~.
This brings another DDM.
Move the mouse cursor to CD-RW Drive(letter here depends on what your drive is labelled)
SRC.
At the bottom of the screen you may get a Message about about Thumbs. SRC on Yes. It is not important at this stage.
On the bottom right of your screen you should now get a message "You have Files ready to be written to the CD etc."
If you have finished SRC on this balloon.
If you have more than one folder to send then now is the time to send that. SRC on the next folder to be saved and go back to ###
A new screen should appear with the words "Files ready to be written to the CD" and a list of the folders which you have sent to be saved.
SRC on File for a DDM
SRC on Write these files to CD.
(If you are using a CD which is Write only (it says on the packet) then make sure you have sent all the pictures you want to save to it first. If it is a re-writable disc then it does not matter, you may add more to it at another time).
This should bring up a CD Writing Wizard. Follow its on screen instructions and your pictures should be saved.
@@@ If your pictures are not in sub-folders then you will have to either select them one at a time as with folders or use Shift and arrows to highlight them . Then go to ###
Hope this is useful!
Gardening is the great leveller.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 17:31:07 »
Greedily noted, Eric!! = Tim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal