Author Topic: Theft from a plot, advice needed please......Unwashed, anyone?  (Read 6418 times)

brown thumb

• Hectare
Re: Theft from a plot, advice needed please......Unwashed, anyone?
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 09:56:55 »
my shed window is also boarded over for security also for privacy as its near a path so i keep a cheapy torch hanging on a string for this purpose

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 16:47:17 »
I love that,thank you.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 12:44:58 »
Stealing from an allotment is a really low thing to do, and makes everybody feel uncomfortable. We have had similar problems this year with even, rows of potatoes dug up. I think in these cases the police should be informed.

If there is proof that another plotholder has done the dirty deed I can't see how they could stay on as plotholders. Our committee has a policy for practically everything and in a complaints and dispute policy that is covered in dismissal from the site. We also have a members responsibilities leaflet in which it is also covered. The difficulty comes with proving it unfortunately. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 11:31:42 »
Sad to say, I have loads of stuff nicked.  Last year I dug over an area and spread out compost and chicken pellets and forked it in for the sweetcorn and beans.  My neighbour came in early the following day and scraped the top layer off for his brassica cage.  I've had spuds dug up and the two largest of the Kelsae onions were pulled a few weeks ago.

You can establish a pattern, so if you are missing something look around and see whose garden has been watered - at least you can eliminate suspects.  I used to think theft was something a lot of plotholders do but in fact it is just one or two who can't control themselves thieving.  This sounds whiney but the solitary women plotholders are often targetted possibly because the thief is less likely to meet a violent reponse is caught.  Barstewards.

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 11:58:59 »
Sad to say, I have loads of stuff nicked.  Last year I dug over an area and spread out compost and chicken pellets and forked it in for the sweetcorn and beans.  My neighbour came in early the following day and scraped the top layer off for his brassica cage. 

GOBSMACKED !!!!   How could he have the brazen front to do that!!!!!
Grow yer bugger grow!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 12:03:45 »
Sad to say, I have loads of stuff nicked.  Last year I dug over an area and spread out compost and chicken pellets and forked it in for the sweetcorn and beans.  My neighbour came in early the following day and scraped the top layer off for his brassica cage. 

Unbelievable!  :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal