Author Topic: A levels  (Read 6635 times)

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
Re: A levels
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 09:34:31 »
actually i agree. That guy from the RSC who just died found that higher tier GCSE's from 2009 in maths were easier than 1960 11 Plus exams...............

Still, if I were a were a kid who had just got their results, I would be totally hacked off with all this dumbing down stuff. They can only do what they have been asked, and i'm sure that despite our best efforts they are no less intelligent that they used to be

maybe the problem is with the expression "Mickey Mouse". That's an American monstrosity and need not concern us at all. Surely ours should be "Wallace and Gromit". Puts a whole different complexion on it. Now I would wear a Wallace and Gromit degree with Pride. Crackin' Degree, Gromit!

Ah but then im related to one of Walt Disneys ancestors, Sirah Disney, of the early 17th Century, and hence qualified to us ethe expression.   8)
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 10:06:57 »
well let's just hope for your sake that Uncle Walt's ghastly qualities weren't genetic. Mind you, to be fair, I'm probably with him on The Beard Thing

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 14:06:04 »
well let's just hope for your sake that Uncle Walt's ghastly qualities weren't genetic. Mind you, to be fair, I'm probably with him on The Beard Thing

Unlikely, im also descended from Phillipa Plantagenet,  Edward II,  Lionel of Antwerp, frankish nobility and thus ultimately Dagobert I, the founder of the Merovingians, as well as having common ancestors with Calvin Coolidge and Abe Lincoln's wife, but do i look like i'm about to become King or President ?

::)  8)
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 16:48:23 »
Hurrah for Shirl Cauli's.
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 16:50:11 »

Unlikely, im also descended from Phillipa Plantagenet,  Edward II,  Lionel of Antwerp, frankish nobility and thus ultimately Dagobert I, the founder of the Merovingians, as well as having common ancestors with Calvin Coolidge and Abe Lincoln's wife, but do i look like i'm about to become King or President ?

::)  8)

Blue blood and nobility!! I wonder if they were any good at A levels?

Personally most of my ancestors were gardeners and seedsmen... as well as one vicar and a blacksmith.  ;)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 17:11:14 »
Personally most of my ancestors were gardeners and seedsmen...

Sounds like you've been digging up your ancestors. Har har.

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 17:17:54 »
Dagobert I

personally I much preferred Dagobert II, (Lust For Glory)

you should go on "Who Do You Think You Are?", though in your case they would have to call it  "Actually I know Who The **** I Am, Thank You Very Much"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal