Author Topic: STILL THE KING  (Read 8852 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: STILL THE KING
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 17:03:56 »
I do like Lulu as well, pretty fit for an old bird as well.   :P     ;)     :-*
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2011, 17:14:39 »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh No !!!!!!

Lulu irritates me to the point of .....point of......grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! Can't stand the woman!!!!!
Yeah her face is okay considering she has had two face lifts, collagen in her lips and bottox.
Corny kev  >:( >:( >:(
Yep okay for a cosmetically enchanced 60 something! :-X
Duke

she makes me want to SHOUT!!!!
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 17:15:30 »
Furthermore, todays society lacks the cohesion and morality of those days. People took personal responsibility for there own actions.

but didn't the folk from the 60's bring up the yoof of 2day?
morality?what's that?

I blame the grandparents!¬!
You couldn't make it up!

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 20:12:05 »
 Funnily enough regarding previous thread entries Boy George has just been performing an Elvis Track in homage on BBC4 Elvis tribute on at the moment  :)

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 20:15:49 »
And now Sir Paul " I.m all shook up " ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 20:48:17 »
Love Elvis and Cliff  ;D

Never that keen on The Beatles apart from a few tracks.

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2011, 00:46:29 »
As I said in the another thread I don' take people who use tired old cliches like "looney left" very seriously.

"Music was superior in those days" - As I said rose tinted specs - I am surprised you can see through them..

Thats fine. I dont consider anyone who thinks Sgt Peppers was crap and cant play an acoustic instrument to have demonstrated even a microgram of knowledge about music.
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2011, 01:17:39 »
Early Elvis was OK I suppose but not when he got into the ghastly crooning and silly costumes. But horses for courses. My favourites back then were Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Cream, Led Zeppelin .. oh and the Beach Boys. There were so many good groups in the 60s. We were spoilt for choice. For me Revolver and Rubber Soul were the best Beatles albums although Sgt Pepper has good stuff too.

Now? I tend to listen to classical more where I have pretty eclectic taste but I like e.g. Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins. I don't think they're really that modern any more actually!! ::)

I love all the jazz stuff too - John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk, Dizzy Gillespie, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald  ...... I could go on and on.

Oh and French stuff: Brel, Brassens, Leo Ferre, Barbara    ............

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 15:43:02 »
Early Elvis was OK I suppose but not when he got into the ghastly crooning and silly costumes.

:o :o :o :o :o

He looked Great in Aloha from Hawaii

Aloha from Hawaii is a music concert that was headlined by Elvis Presley, and was broadcast live via satellite on January 14, 1973. It was the most watched broadcast by an individual entertainer in television history

Presley arrived in Hawaii again on January 9 1973 to begin rehearsals.
He had lost twenty-five pounds for the show and was confident after news that his record sales were increasing and Elvis on Tour had been nominated for a Golden Globe.[10] Rehearsals were held at the Hilton Hawaiian Village while the main set was being constructed. Although there were several technical problems, the rehearsals were an overall success. ;)

sales raised $75,000 for the Kui Lee Cancer Fund in Hawaii.
i don't belive death is the end

GRACELAND

• Hectare
i don't belive death is the end

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2011, 16:48:06 »
Early Elvis was OK I suppose but not when he got into the ghastly crooning and silly costumes.

:o :o :o :o :o

He looked Great in Aloha from Hawaii

Aloha from Hawaii is a music concert that was headlined by Elvis Presley, and was broadcast live via satellite on January 14, 1973. It was the most watched broadcast by an individual entertainer in television history

Presley arrived in Hawaii again on January 9 1973 to begin rehearsals.
He had lost twenty-five pounds for the show and was confident after news that his record sales were increasing and Elvis on Tour had been nominated for a Golden Globe.[10] Rehearsals were held at the Hilton Hawaiian Village while the main set was being constructed. Although there were several technical problems, the rehearsals were an overall success. ;)

sales raised $75,000 for the Kui Lee Cancer Fund in Hawaii.

Nope, it wasnt even close, heres the top five:

1.-MICHAEL JACKSON FUNERAL - ca. 2.8 BILLIONS
2.-LADY DI FUNERAL - ca. 2.5 BILLIONS
3. ALOHA FROM HAWAII - ca 2.4 BILLION
4.-BEIJING 2008 OLYMPICS - ca. 1 BILLION
5.-MAN LANDING IN THE MOON - ca. 600 MILLION

And if you look here, all sorts of list of the largest audience for various events, doesnt  rank anywhere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_watched_television_broadcasts

Yes, Lulu is pretty fit for her age. Barbara Windsor is as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 17:09:53 by lincsyokel2 »
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2011, 17:10:35 »
Sorry Graceland. He just doesn't do it for me. I can't see beyond the silly clothes and the mountains of yucky jewellery.  :-[ :-[ :-[  Clearly I'm the exception though!

Oh some others I remembered that I like - Queen (of course!) and Creedence Clearwater Revival.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal