Author Topic: More money than sense  (Read 1075 times)

queenbee

• Acre
More money than sense
« on: August 15, 2011, 23:01:31 »
Apart from mature tomato's and pepper plants sold at garden centres in April. I bet you can't beat 180g of chopped onion for 79p the same with peppers and red onions. 79p for a pack of 3 boiled eggs. These are being sold at my local supermarket, they also sell a small crustless loaf at 1.20, how long does it take to boil an egg or cut the crusts of a slice of bread. how much for a small onion 15p or half a pepper 30p. As I work in the said supermarket we sell quite a lot. I have got so used to the type and shape of customers coming through my till I know what they will have in their trolley. Any of you lotties seen worse?
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

TividaleJo

• Quarter Acre
Re: More money than sense
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 23:09:41 »
Some people really do have more money than they know what to do with.
I went into our supermarket yesterday as i fancied a corned beef sandwich, until i saw they wanted £3.11 for a small tin!
i lost my appetite very quickly after realising that it wasnt priced wrong and was happy with the chicken that was already in the fridge
Joanne

claybasket

• Hectare
Re: More money than sense
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:48 »
cornbeef used to be Penny's ,a cheap feed if you didn't have much money ,it,s now a luxury,money grabbing supermarkets .

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal