Author Topic: Motorola Defy Android phone  (Read 1737 times)

Marian

• Quarter Acre
  • Thank God for my garden !
Motorola Defy Android phone
« on: August 07, 2011, 20:26:40 »
Hi all,

Long time no see. 
I wonder if anyone can help with a question I have about my mobile phone.

I have taken videos with the camcorder but do not seem to be able to download them onto my netbook.  I plug my  phone straight into the netbook but can only see the photographs, no videos.  Does anyone have an answer please ? Thanks :)

jockomorrocco

• Quarter Acre
Re: Motorola Defy Android phone
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 21:01:11 »
have you installed the phone software disc on your netbook? also do you have flash player 10 installed

Marian

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 20:32:58 »
Hello Jokomorocco, Yes I installed the programme on my netbook.  I have tried to upload the video straight from my phone but it does not seem to work.  No problem with photographs that upload straight away.  I think my phone provider wants me to pay for emails at inflated prices rather than let me upload them for free ... :(

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:51:27 »
Can you read the phone memory as another hard drive on the netbook?, if so then copy the video files to the netbook memory. I never use the software supplied with equipment, direct copying is much easier. Having said that, I don't use Windows, my OS is a Linux OS which is probably more flexible.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Marian

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 13:21:57 »
I have plugged my Motorola into my netbook and I can see all the photographs I took.  Unfortunately the videos are not showing.  Strange.  The netbook is Windows 7 ?

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 14:05:03 »
I cant speak with any authority on your phone but on my android...

Attach to PC - Select  connection Type as disk drive - This will allow you to browse the phone as if it were a hard drive -
IF windows pops up a "what would you like to do" type window select Browse files. If you look in the DCIM folder (there maybe be subfolders like \100MEDIA or summat) you will find your pics and videos.
Video formats vary but mine come up as VIDEO0001.3gp, VIDEO0002.3gp
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal