Produce > Drink ....

Beetroot juice

<< < (2/3) > >>

strawberry1:
I have a greenlife juicer (old) and it extracts pure juice. I may add a little raw beetroot to a veg juice medley but not too much. Last year I froze pure beet juice in small portions and that worked. This year I am just cooking, slicing and dehydrating so will be good to add to cakes as well as re hydrated for salads.

I despaired of my crop early on but planting out in modules helped, now I have too much of a good thing  :)

Gordonmull:

--- Quote from: ToniD on August 26, 2012, 11:36:59 ---I wonder if that could be fermented into a dry wine?

--- End quote ---

There's a Jack Keller recipe for wine.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques29.asp

Never tried it myself but I bet it would be a fantastic colour.

Jeannine:
Maybe not quite the place but as we are talking about different uses for beets...

When you have the vinegar mixture left after you finish a jar of pickled beetroot, use it for colouring and flavouring sweet and sour sauce, it looks great and has a lovely flavour in the recipe.

or use in in Borscht soup.

I hate waste!!!

XX jeannine

Duke Ellington:
I have just read that you have to drink 500 mls !!!!!!!! of beetroot juice to get any health benefit. Alternatively eat 200 grms of cooked beetroot a day.  :toothy10:

Palustris:
The  Beetroot wine we used to make took a long time to mature, but eventually it became almost like a Ruby Port. Very nice too. wish I could drink alcohol now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version