Author Topic: A big thumbs up for freegle  (Read 2286 times)

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
A big thumbs up for freegle
« on: August 05, 2011, 18:54:04 »
Hi All
I just wanted to flag up to anyone who isnt on thier local freegle how fabulous it is .

This week i have been looking for flags for the garden and a chicken coop , both of these are now in my garden picked up from lovely local people from freegle and free..
Its a great place for getting rid of things you dont want from strawberry runners to videos and a great place for finding things that are useful to you. And, and this is perhaps the best bit, its a great way of meeting other gardeners in your area. I've had many garden tours from lovely people and picked up some fab plants that i know will thrive in the local conditions.
So if you havent tried it before give it a whirl look up freegle and your town name on google.
You never know what you might find.
x sunloving

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Re: A big thumbs up for freegle
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 19:03:17 »
I agree!! I found my 6x8 greenhouse on free cycle. When we went to pick it up the owner threw in a mountfield petrol lawnmower, staging and a twin paraffin greenhouse heater. I am still very grateful three years later when I pick my cucumbers, peppers and toms that I grow in it every year ;D

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

irridium

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:04:04 »
got a few garden related items off my local one and also, i've offered loads of spare seedlings as well. this yr, i had a couple of old fence panels to make our lean-to shack for our lotti shed...

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 19:34:57 »
Wow duke thats fab!

When i was little my dad used to take me to the tip and lift me into the skips when we found anything interesting "just pass us that out"!! ::)
 now the tip dont let you do this anymore but now ive found freegle its almost as good without the terrible danger to, it satifies the womble in me ;D
x sunloving

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 20:13:45 »
Didn'tknow about this one, only Freecycle, - have just joined, thanks for the tip.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 20:50:22 »
It looks much the same as freecycle- anyone  know how it differs or any pros/cons ?

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 20:56:20 »
In Edinburgh freegle replaced freecycle. Something to do with the US based freecycle trying to to set too many conditions???

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 21:05:18 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal