Author Topic: Riots in north London  (Read 40200 times)

betula

• Hectare
Re: Riots in north London
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2011, 08:27:51 »
I have heard we don't have any water cannons,they are in Ireland :o

The Army would sort them out,these kids think they are hard men ,lets see how they get on with that.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2011, 09:04:29 »

The Army would sort them out,these kids think they are hard men ,lets see how they get on with that.
Great plan.. ::). Let's point the army at children. .. Then after that, maybe we can feed them into a mincer and make rioter sausages.  :o
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2011, 09:19:15 »
: A 16-year-old looter from Manchester tells BBC 5 live he will continue participating in the violence and theft until he gets caught, because it is his first offence and nothing will happen.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2011, 09:22:29 »
Great plan.. . Let's point the army at children. .. Then after that, maybe we can feed them into a mincer and make rioter sausages.  
Posted by Nigel B.

From what I have seen on the tv, the rioters are not only children. they are people of all ages.

I would be very interested to learn what you would do with these rioters Nigel B. even if they were children
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2011, 09:23:17 »

Great plan.. ::). Let's point the army at children. .. Then after that, maybe we can feed them into a mincer and make rioter sausages.  :o

People are dead here in the Midlands............grow up.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:57 »
Went to the allotment yesterday to calm down and it was a beautiful day, but seeing all the smoke for the Sony warehouse depressed me so much, that the allotment did not have its usual appeal.  Everyone in Enfield is so angry, why should we put up with this.  Granddaughter has to go and pick up glasses today and dentist in Enfield town so now I am worried about that, and when they go back to school has to go through Enfield town, this should not be happening.  People are going to protect their shops and houses and then one of the rioters will get hurt or killed, and the people protecting their homes will probably be arrested.  Hope Kev is OK, so the video of the men walking the streets last night, good on them I say.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2011, 09:44:04 »

I am sorry Nigel, but there is no fear of consequences to actions in our children any more, they are brought up to not respect or listen to their parents (if they are threatened with discipline, they in turn threaten their parents with child services) if they are threatened with disciplin at school they get the teacher sacked, they can run riot all through their lives and all will happen is that someone will make an excuse for their behaviour, the excuse being, their surroundings, their upbringing. We all have choices in life and we have to accept responsibility for the choices we make.

I was not brought up in a "posh" area, in my youth and up to my thirties, i mixed with people in ponders end, edmonton and tottenham, i have heard what is said in those areas by the "disafected youth" and i chose not to bring up my children that way. If we keep indulging the feral behaviour what do we expect. I am sick of hearing parents (whom i know) say their child was a good boy, why did they send him to prison, it was a fix,  when they knew he was a gangster, they knew he dealt crack to children, they knew that he was bad.

It is broken britain and the bleeding hearts and liberals (many of whom do not live in the areas affected -  and if this was brought to the area they lived in you would hear different) should really stop the mollycoddling and start on the tough love. maybe they should read the winston smith blog and inspector gadget blog to find out what it is like in the real world

sorry for the rant, but i had spent many years in that world and chose to leave it.

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:41 »
MY husband heard a mother talking to her mother on the phone on the bus on the way home on Monday night. she was saying to her mum that  her son had been texted to say that it was all kicking off in LEwisham that night. He had decided to go down there for a "look". She knew it would be no look he would get involved but she said to her mum "what can I do I can't stop him!"

Parents are scared of their children.

My humble opinion is that we should bring back the cane in school, and be allowed to dish out appropriate discipline at home. Not I am not saying being thumped with slippers and child abuse. I'm saying appropriate discipline something  that  will make kids think twice about doing something again.

For those that have grown up in this lawless generation, what I would like to see is those who commit crimes like these to be sent to an army style boot camp prison to have some discipline and respect knocked into them, not just respect for others but the rescpect that they do not have for themsleves.

I know my iwshes are only a dream but hey we can dream of ways of putting things right cant we?

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:13 »
In some ways, military service in France was not so bad, at least they maybe learnt some social skills. My husband did it and was appalled at the number of young lads his own age who could barely read and write. It makes you mix with people of different social spheres and opens your eyes a bit. Some of the lads used to go into the Army as they felt it was at least better than sitting around all day on the dole.

Maybe it would be a good thing, although do we want these thugs to be trained in the use of firearms and combat techniques? The 10km runs in the freezing rain and cleaning your own toilets were a good lesson in humility, it has to be said, and the sargeants showed you that there was always someone harder than yourself!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

lillian

• Acre
  • Suffolk
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2011, 10:26:52 »
Apparantly the  Army’s emergency infantry battalion has been put on standby. Shame they cannot contract it out to the tough  french riot police ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2011, 11:50:59 »

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2011, 12:22:10 »
Well done your friend - there's some excellent stuff there!

= Tim

PS Quote -Re: Three vigilantes killed in Birmingham
 by The clownfacer » 10 Aug 2011 09:26
The clownfacer wrote:It's not their fault,they are bored with nothing to do and no hope in life.
We've all got to take responsibility

That was the line that was trotted out yesterday by Youth Workers on Sky news
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 13:20:04 by tim »

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2011, 13:35:12 »
These 3 young men were protecting their own and for that they died just because some mongrel thought it would be good to mount the pavement and mow them down.
                             I want em saying

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2011, 14:46:31 »
This is a terrible time for everyone in the riot torn places, Where are the parents of these children and young people? Shouldn't they be taking some of the blame and dragging their kids back to help clean up the mess?
They need to be stopped, I don't think they think of the consequences of their actions, either that or they're not bothered. Such a shame about the three people who were standing up . Don't know what else to say, hell in a hand cart comes to mind  :-\ :'(

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2011, 15:37:42 »
I was watching the pics on TV of gangs of youths give the police the run around and then heard about the entire stock of a shop being looted.  But the kids did not have armfuls of goods. 

So we have organised burglary on the one hand while the police concentrate on sweeping up gangs of feral children. 

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2011, 15:47:16 »

People are dead here in the Midlands............grow up.
This from somebody that would answer violence with yet more violence and turn the Army on, I assume, other people's kids?  You may do well to heed your own advice Betula.
Maybe volunteer to wo/man one of the many 'Clean up your neighbourhood' voluntary work-parties springing into existence. Maybe get to know some of these people and what their grievances are...... And yes, some of those rioting are just plain nasty thugs, but riots never happen spontaneously. They happen for a whole raft of reasons including social and economic.
Maybe we'd be better off turning the Army out to give the bankers and politicians a good seeing-to instead? 
If all the kids see is Governments/Politicians stealing from us and making us pay back the cost of that theft, where are they to look for their role-models? To Joe Public bending and breaking under the strain of tax after tax as they watch their own future being spent on the interest payments of the debt they didn't create...?. Or how about the Politicians themselves? Those lying-to-your-face scum-bags that have dragged this Country's reputation right down to their own level as they steal with seeming impunity, let themselves off if they get caught, and still manage to get a foot aboard every outrage bus that does the rounds vilifying people for reacting to the crises' they did create?

What we're really seeing, of course, is the Government and the Police playing brinkmanship over the proposed cuts to the Police farce. The Government are saying you'll have to suck up, up to 20% in cuts, and the Police are saying, "Well if we are, this is what it'll be like."
And keep in mind, there have been NO CUTS to the Police so far.
Before we had a politicised Police force, we used to permit them to police us. "Policing by Consent" it was called. Now they just happen to have the best-equipped gang and are nothing more than a tool for the enforcement of government policy.

If we are to turn the Army out, turn them out to protect the Crown, and let the bankers and their political mates swing for the enormous amount of damage they are still doing to this Country!  Then I'd settle for nothing less than heads on pikes at Traitor's Gate!
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2011, 16:53:43 »
Oh dear.. the news is continuing to be terrible, I was at dinner with friends last night and the chat about the riots was very sad, everyone there was really upset for you all and could not believe what they are now seeing on the TV, we had a small prayer meeting for you all..keep safe.

Sadly I don't think there is any quick answer to this. Mob violence is infectious, when we think back into history it has happened all over the world and it often came from seemingly OK folks..Crystal Night in Germany brings to mind. Once started it seems to release something in folks that keep the momentum going.

Even reading on here at some of the suggestions for dealing with it are a form of the same and I am deliberately not quoting anyone as their feelings are their own.

I have no magic words to offer as a means of stopping this or dealing with it either, whatever the reason these folks are doing what they do..is it  for fun,profit,anger,thuggism  we will we ever know.

It is simply terrible, beyond my reckoning. I will add however I would not favour anything that hurt the rioters in return otherwise I see that as joining in. I would however embrace any non violent measures to get them under control, and certainly they need to be accountable for what they have done when caught.

Somehow the whole thinking system is out of whack in the UK with so many people, there seems to be no pride, no commitment, no sense of community in so may folks, that has to be found and brought back to life. It used to be there, I remember it well.Someone a lot cleverer than I may have the answer at least I hope they will.

Stay safe friends, we are all thinking a lot about you over this side of the pond.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2011, 16:56:30 »
What you say about the state of our country and what the bankers have done has affected us all but we are not all out there rioting
                             I want em saying

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:33 »
Nigel,I am still trying to work out how a corrupt government and greedy bankers is an excuse for looting ,burning and taking the lives of others. ::)

I still say bring the Army in,though thankfully it seems to have calmed down now.I am not suggesting the Army kill these people but have no objection to them being roughed up a bit.

I was bought up on a Inner city Birmingham council estate,we had little more than our roof and food to eat but we stepped out into life determined to make a good life for ourselves and we did.It would not have occurred to any of us to behave in such a way as this.The kids who think they have nothing nowadays have no idea how hard life can really be and they seem to want it all handed them on a plate............save me the Bleeding hearts. >:(

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:19:29 by betula »

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2011, 07:53:36 »
Betula, I agree with you, admittidly the plasma screen could be used to show education films and trainers may help the next olympic hopefuls....but going by some of the mugshots of the looters they don't look like our next generation of academics or sportsmen/women? it very very sad but on a plus note how fantastic are all the volunteers around the country helping clear up and getting businesses back on track...they are the real heros.   :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal