Author Topic: Riots in north London  (Read 39474 times)

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Riots in north London
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 11:10:03 »
Keep it cool folks please.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 11:39:58 »
Now perhaps all the goody twoshoes will realise that their dreams of multi culturism and diversity is just that, dreams. These sort of neighbourhoods are bad news. They are giving a message out saying you might have shot one of our dealers, but you ain't going to police us. We will live in England and take all the handouts you are daft enough to give us, but we will live under our own rules.

I agree with the person who described the above as mens bits. Every post on here is a valued opinion except this one.
Borlotti I hope things are calming down in your area today :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:45:00 by Duke Ellington »
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 14:22:21 »
We will live in England and take all the handouts you are daft enough to give us, but we will live under our own rules.
This does seem to happening.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 15:00:54 »
Now perhaps all the goody twoshoes will realise that their dreams of multi culturism and diversity is just that, dreams. These sort of neighbourhoods are bad news. They are giving a message out saying you might have shot one of our dealers, but you ain't going to police us. We will live in England and take all the handouts you are daft enough to give us, but we will live under our own rules.

I lived in Tottenham for ages and although I wouldn't describe it as a Utopia I wouldn't judge it that harshly and seeing how you have probably never even visited there I take your opinion of it with a large pinch of salt.  Not all of us want to live in a whites only monoculture.
Personally I believe that this has feck all to do with the guy who was shot - this was organised crime taking advantage of a peaceful demo. 
An utter disgrace, no excuses and bang the lot of em up - I still know many people round there and feel for waht they are going thorugh.  Stuff all this political bullshit...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 15:46:56 »

I lived in Tottenham for ages and although I wouldn't describe it as a Utopia I wouldn't judge it that harshly and seeing how you have probably never even visited there I take your opinion of it with a large pinch of salt.  

Harsh or not, it is the way I see it. I have heard nothing that has made me change my mind. I have worked in Tottenham, building some community gardens for the disabled, it took a while as we had to rebuild the trashed bits every morning. I read that the community is at odds with the Police because of the shooting. Why?  If a dealer got shot down this way we would not need an explanation. I also hear that he is a ' Elder' of the community, which I understand means they respect him. Am I missing something here? respect for a crack dealer, sorry but not in the terrible, awful bigotted world people assume that I live in. I note there was no condolences from his employers, but perhaps he didn't need to work to support his 4 kids, taxi fares, jewelry habit, guns etc.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 16:10:10 »
Well  said Barriedale

I was born in Wood Green, lived in Palmers Green, and went out inTottenham, (does Eltons still exist)....

Froglegsl I find you insulting. I was born in London of immigrant parents and my family have never claimed benefit, never looted, my parents and myself have contributed to this country and yes my family have lived by THE RULES OF THIS COUNTRY! So you go ahead and place me in that group of looting thugs that took an opportunity to created havoc!

dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 16:49:57 »
Ace - agree with all that you said in the last post.  I have no sympathy for the rioters at all, no sympathy for the people who carry guns, no respect for crack dealers etc. 
What I take exception to is the fact that I have known and still do know many people in these areas, black, brown and yes even white.  They work, live and play in these places and they strive to make it better.  I used to work for a charity in the heart of tottenham and we worked for the local disabled children - we got support from all sides of the community.  Not saying it was a walk in the park and we fought hard for what we achieved.
Then once in a while a group of professional thugs and idiots undermine all the good that gets done.
Then all we hear from you and many others is how crap everything is and how it's down to MutliCulturalism and immigration ie it's the blacks fault..
I know that we only tend react to bad news but there are many people in these communities producing lots of good news - it's a pity we don't hear more of that..

Happy you have visited Sunny 'nam - at least you have some idea of the problems that the good people of these places have to face.  ;)
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 17:19:59 »
Just back from a weekend in Skeggy in the  caravan no trouble there apart from some Jock bloke moaning that I shoved in front of him to get served in the Working mens club, from what I have seen on the TV these are Black London crims not foreigners but Brits with white scum thrown in, they need sorting out fast and not by building more community gardens,   

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 17:35:29 »
Forum rule - ZERO tolerance of discrimination.

Any posts making sweeping generalisations based on colour/religion/ethnic background/sexual orientation/disability etc. will be removed and the poster is likely to earn a ban.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 17:48:40 »
Get the Army in............let them deal with the lawless idiots.

The way it is spreading the police willl not be able to handle it

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 18:03:23 »
Well  said Barriedale

I was born in Wood Green, lived in Palmers Green, and went out inTottenham, (does Eltons still exist)....

Froglegsl I find you insulting. I was born in London of immigrant parents and my family have never claimed benefit, never looted, my parents and myself have contributed to this country and yes my family have lived by THE RULES OF THIS COUNTRY! So you go ahead and place me in that group of looting thugs that took an opportunity to created havoc!

There should be a "Support" or "Like" button in "The Shed. "

:)
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 18:10:45 »
I'll say this for the last time it was nothing to do with the gunman getting killed in Tottenham Hale
My mate of mixed race at work lives in Tottenham and believe me this gunman was was known by my mate and was deffo a wrong un
The looters were jumping on trains and coming into Enfield Town to rob Jewellers, chemists, PC world etc, it was organised crime, they did this because they knew the police were deployed in Tottenham, they were lighting fires drawing the police away from robbing, then the looters just take over, they are not people on benifits they are young people who think this is America and its fun, lets face it they spend all their time on their computers games shooting police, nicking cars, etc.
Give them an hour to clear the streets, get the army in the shoot the looting  barstards, let the do gooders chew on that one.    :( :( :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

plainleaf

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 18:13:17 »
sound like a flash mob bad.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 18:27:27 »
Yes lets segregate men, imprison them all until such time as they can prove that they are innocent then and only then can we live in a free and safe society.
Make everyone prove that they are female, introduce female only workplaces , areas schools and keep those violent men appart -its for their own good. stop them from producing male babies ......

Please.

lets just make sure people who commit crimes are punished and not victimise people becuase of the colour of thier skins or thier ethnic origins.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 18:39:19 »
Hear hear Sunloving.

From the little I have managed to fiind out about these awful happenings, as it is not on ours news, is dreadful.

My heart goes out to you all that are close, stay safe.

I also feel for the folks who are being punished by  along with the bad guys because of their race or colour.

Perhaps it is not easy to stop the riots but it should not be too hard to stop the insinuations that are clearly being made..right on here.

Come on folks stay nice, it is awful to hear such wicked riots but the other is not good either.

As I said earler..stay safe and God willing it will all calm down soon.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 18:40:56 »
There is always a bad element that take advantage of protests wether they are peaceful protests or other. They see the chance to get something for nothing by looting while the police are occupied  with something else. Lets just hope that our friends on here keep themselves safe while all this unrest is going on.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 18:59:40 »
I'll say this for the last time it was nothing to do with the gunman getting killed in Tottenham Hale
My mate of mixed race at work lives in Tottenham and believe me this gunman was was known by my mate and was deffo a wrong un
The looters were jumping on trains and coming into Enfield Town to rob Jewellers, chemists, PC world etc, it was organised crime, they did this because they knew the police were deployed in Tottenham, they were lighting fires drawing the police away from robbing, then the looters just take over, they are not people on benifits they are young people who think this is America and its fun, lets face it they spend all their time on their computers games shooting police, nicking cars, etc.
Give them an hour to clear the streets, get the army in the shoot the looting  barstards, let the do gooders chew on that one.    :( :( :(

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto from me,

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 19:54:12 »
Surely the problems are due to not treating the causes but the effects.
The human race is part of a species known as animals, just like chickens (part) & pigs.
If you pack chickens or pigs into a confined space and don't keep them occupied, they will turn on themselves and eat each other!
Treat the cause(s) and the progress road towards co-existance may materialise.
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 20:07:52 »
They are starting in Birmingham City Centre now...........Idiots >:(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal