Author Topic: Riots in north London  (Read 39932 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Riots in north London
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2011, 12:09:01 »
This is the tough decision time, and I do hope those in power have the wisdom to make the right choices, because what they do now can influence a whole generation and either bring people together or tear them apart.

The so called riots seem to me very complex and you can't label everyone with the same brush. There seems to have been organised gangs looting, evil trouble makers just out to get the boot in, and opportunist teenagers jumping on the band wagon, (for whatever reason) to name but a few.
So in my eyes there is not one simple solution to solve these problem.

People must be made to pay for their crimes, but a group of people don't just come together to cause havoc unless something is flawed in society. Is it the celebrity culture we have been breeding for the last ten years. that wants fame and possessions now, or the lack of ethics by those in power or the banks doing their own form of anarchy and seeming to get away with it? Whatever or whoever, I do hope David Cameron doesn't just punish those disenfranchised people who live in the council estates but looks at the wider questions.  busy_lizzie    
live your days not count your years

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2011, 23:06:38 »
Rather than start a new thread, I'd just like to say that personally I feel that there seems to be a lot of inconsistency in the court sentences taking place!

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2011, 23:23:28 »
Rather than start a new thread, I'd just like to say that personally I feel that there seems to be a lot of inconsistency in the court sentences taking place!

Well its not so much inconsistency, its just that they changed the rules halfway through, so the initial lot got off lightly compared to the ones sentenced after change in rules.
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:56 »
A lot will seem inconsistent because we only know the end result not all the factors like previous convictions.

They can be tough as they like so far as I'm concerned and keep it up from now on.I'm fed up of reading about a small number of rubbish people making life a misery for all around them.

But the bleeding hearts are coming out of the woodwork now and the lawyers are rubbing their hands at all the money they'll be making with apppeals so we'll soon be back to soppy 'not their fault' Britain.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2011, 08:46:56 »
Yeah, I'm fed up with bleeding hearts like Prince Charles trying to look for ways to stop it happening again.

A mob attacking the families of the rioters and imposing disproportionate sentences is as bad as what the rioters did. Punish the criminals if it makes you feel better, and punish them severely if you think it helps, but cases like the one in Wandsworth, where an 8 year old girl will be made homeless for something her brother did, are pretty disgusting too.

There's a petition here if you're interested:
http://www.change.org/petitions/wandsworth-borough-council-tell-wandsworth-council-not-to-punish-innocent-people

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2011, 11:03:28 »
The so called riots

blimey, I thought i was  a bit of a wishy washy leftie

what about the so called Polar Bear attack?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2011, 11:23:08 »
Perhaps the eight year old will have better parenting than her brother had now.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2011, 12:05:44 »
I am all for very tough punishment but I am at a loss to see how this will do anything useful.

Maybe they think that parents will be more inclined to control their kids actions in future.

However if this is the way it is going to be how about people who own their own property or live with parents that do having their homes compulsory purchased......... ;D

Lets keep things fair now :o

No ,lets stick to punishing the criminals.     

Alex133

• Acre
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2011, 13:51:06 »
My understanding is that thousands are on the waiting list for social housing so what's wrong with replacing a problem family with a decent one?

pumkinlover

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2011, 14:03:49 »
The so called riots

blimey, I thought i was  a bit of a wishy washy leftie

what about the so called Polar Bear attack?

I read this in an other way. To me a riot is when someone with a "Cause"  starts to do damage, such as a demonstration which turns violent.
This was just looting and theft with no cause other than to cause trouble and obtain consumer goods???

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2011, 14:16:16 »
My understanding is that thousands are on the waiting list for social housing so what's wrong with replacing a problem family with a decent one?

I agree. Social housing is supposed to be provided for those in need. Its not a right, its a privilege to get one. So if you abuse it you shoudl be out. Similarly, if you can clearly afford to pay a mortgage, you shoudl be evicted - peopel who win millions on the lottery and continue to occupy a council house when they can now clearly afford to buy one shoud lalso be evicted - or be made to buy the council house at market value no discount, and a replacement house built with the money so a family in need can be housed.

It all comes down to the 'rights without responsibility' crap weve been foisted with by the looney left human rights cretins. These people go out there way to enforce 'rights', but say nothing of responsibility. This is why animal rights is complete rubbish. Animals cant take responsibilities for rights, so cant therefore have rights. They dont even understand the concept. What there IS, however, is 'obligation' We have an obligation, as part of the rights we have (which we have beacuse we can take responsibility for those rights) of not being cruel to animals. Ditto children. Children cant have rights, they are too young to take responsibility, so we have an obligation to ensure the well being of kids.

We need to introduce and enforce responsibility and obligation on all those with 'rights', or remove those rights.

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2011, 15:30:15 »
looney left human rights cretins.

Hi, I think I might be one of them.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2011, 16:18:35 »

Hi, I think I might be one of them.

Not sure yet then.

I know nothing about this family who are being evicted apart from one of them is a suspected rioter/looter. They might have been on their last warning, until we know I would urge people not to sign some looney left, human rights petition.

All of these troubles could have been stopped in an instant if the police had followed the lines we had to use to quell riots when I was serving queen and country, looking after her commonwealth

We would march to the disturbance and the officer would read the riot act. Then we would place a rope across the road and he would tell the demonstrators that the first person to cross the line would be shot. There was always one who did not believe we would, but the rest of them did and they usually went home.

If we still had this method it I would not be listening to the news about 3 dead in Birmingham, another dead in London, people being burned out of their homes, others not being able to work.Also nobody need be evicted. We could all then go about safely about our business and the looney left could decorate the spot with flowers to ease their conciences.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2011, 16:36:33 »
Personally I can't take anyone seriously when they use tired old cliches like the "looney left".
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2011, 17:09:54 »
Personally I can't take anyone seriously when they use tired old cliches like the "looney left".

Just think of the shite we would be in now if they had got in. About the only thing we can be thankful to the falklands war for. If we hadn't all got patriotic and voted the old bag back in we would have been stuck with this.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2011, 17:26:40 »
d**n you Ace - You had to bring back Footie.  A point well made!! A loverly chap by all acounts but...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2011, 17:34:50 »
You'd possibly be surprised (if not indifferent) at how unsympathetic I am to those who broke the law during the riots. I believe we are all accountable for the actions that we freely take, and I don't think you can just blame the parents or the education system or anyone else. Right & wrong are very basic, deep-down instincts.

The looters did the looting, not society, not the education system and not the parents. I believe people should be rewarded for their contribution to society and penalised for damaging it. I just happen to think there is also a wider debate about stopping it from happening again, and I believe in the fair, consistent application of law.

Here's something rather good from an urban yoof. Considerably more positive than the "we riot because we have no role models" bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjvUMr1-AAU

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2011, 18:30:51 »

Watching the scenes from last week (again) seems to have slipped from peoples minds by some of the posts on here, we had on the streets of this country wild uncontrolled thugs mainly Black with White trash thrown in old and young, it reminded me and also gave me cold shivers of my days when I faced nuts like this over the water but we did have 'our way' of doing things, I totally support the sentences being dished out and also if the authorities think it fit to throw out a family from not their council accommodation but the boroughs because they have an uncontrolled misfit in their family then that's OK by me, it makes me wonder why some posters don't just shove off from this country to North Korea or Rhodesia and see how their lefty views go down there, :)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:20 »

Here's something rather good from an urban yoof. Considerably more positive than the "we riot because we have no role models" bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjvUMr1-AAU

good link Ollie, thanks for introducing me to another gifted band with relevant lyrics.
Tony ;)
You couldn't make it up!

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2011, 17:30:53 »

I can stand it when the loony left try and suppress debate by beating people into silence using the aged cultural marxist techniques of just shouting 'RACIST' at anyone who disagrees with them, or using Political Correctness to stop you expressing your freedom of will and expression. Its particularly rife still on internet forums, especially when you voice the opinion we should tell the Eu to stick there superstate, close the borders and start throwing out foriegners.....

You DO know where Political Correctness comes from and what its about? If not google 'frankfurt school'. You'll be horrified at what this primary weapon of the looney left, led by Harriet Harman, is really about.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal