Author Topic: for those who have grown mini white cucumbers....  (Read 1283 times)

Hector

• Hectare
Jackie

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: for those who have grown mini white cucumbers....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 00:27:14 »
Hector, that looks more like a lemon or apple cuke than a mini white..  the shape is wrong unless it is way overmature..it is a pickler and should be picked small.

Here you go

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 00:31:02 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:52:27 »
The whites go yellow as the ripen... crystal apple can be almost orange if left too long!  :)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:24:32 »
Thanks for that. 've been leaving them until they are yellow but then wondered if I was wrng because they are called mini whites :) Lovely cukes...stay crunchy in sandwiches rather than squishy :)
Jackie

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 09:00:23 »
Just re-read your post Jeannine...they look white there. I am piicking when 2-3 inches and theyre yellow...am I leaving too long ? They taste yummy?
Jackie

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 16:55:45 »
The size it right, don't let them get too fat, especially if you are going to pickle them.pick them just about like the picture I gave you.

I like them too and should offer the seed in the circle as I will have too many for pickling this year.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal