Author Topic: garlic  (Read 1380 times)

woodybrown

• Quarter Acre
  • The brat pack
garlic
« on: August 02, 2011, 18:21:09 »
HI COULD ANYBODY PLEASE TELL US THE BEST WAY TO PRESERVE GARLIC.
MANY THANKS :)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: garlic
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 18:28:09 »
After lifting my garlic and  letting it dry I have plaited all the decent ones and use when necessary and from what I can gather it will keep for twelve months, :) 

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 18:33:46 »
It really depends what sort of garlic you are growing how you can store it and how long it will keep. Have a google for the garlic farm (isle of Wight). You'll find almost everything you need to know there.

woodybrown

• Quarter Acre
  • The brat pack
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 18:45:28 »
It really depends what sort of garlic you are growing how you can store it and how long it will keep. Have a google for the garlic farm (isle of Wight). You'll find almost everything you need to know there.

thank you

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 09:03:13 »
Mine were lifted, dried out in a tray in the shed for a week or so, and now are hung up with their tails on, in my (unheated) pantry! I am still finishing last year's harvest! they keep extremely well like that.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal