Author Topic: AMY WINEHOUSE  (Read 7341 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: AMY WINEHOUSE
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 13:15:50 »
As a child my son made a very good observation and wanted there to be a clear distinction between Drugs - which are bad and Medicines - which are for healing. 

Re Amy: what a terrible waste of a life.   

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 13:36:03 »
Our kids are dying every day from drug abuse but they don't make headlines.

Amy did have the money to start a new life........many kids don't.

Maybe if we all got a bit more interested in that kid down the road we would not have the problems a lot of our young people do today.

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 13:39:53 »
Our kids are dying every day from drug abuse but they don't make headlines.

Amy did have the money to start a new life........many kids don't.

Maybe if we all got a bit more interested in that kid down the road we would not have the problems a lot of our young people do today.

Yes that is a very good point

To be honest i couldn't give two hoots about amy winehouse dying.  If people dont care about mr nobody dieing down the road then why should they care about this women?

gypsy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 13:55:02 »
Unless you experience it it is hard to understand. I have bipolar disorder and had a related alcohol problem until recently. While getting help I met many victims of drug and alcohol abuse. There are some lovely people, who often change horribly when they are under the influence. There are people I tried to help, but I have learned that the only way is for them to accept their problem and do their very best to deal with it. I believe Amy Winehouse tried her best too. Sometimes nothing can help.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 13:55:39 »
It was said of George Best that where ever he went, there was always someone who insisted on buying him a drink.  Often just to boast that they'd done it.

RIP Amy (& George).

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 21:36:58 »

Probably going to upset a lot of people  BUT   

5 days ago a true British hero was killed fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care? A singer addicted to drugs and alcohol dies and its all over the news,     RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st battalion the rifles!

Rant over  Sorry if I've offended anyone

X Chas

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 21:54:10 »

5 days ago a true British hero was killed fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care? A singer addicted to drugs and alcohol dies and its all over the news,     RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st battalion the rifles!

X Chas

Very try though!!

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 22:45:55 »
Very sad, the rehab unit took her money and failed to get her sorted out.
Sad to say living and working with drug users was only going to end one way and her suport team where a waste of time again they took their money! lets hope they are very proud of their care of what was a great talent. RIP AMY

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 23:02:04 »
I have never taken drugs, but do need a ciggie, so I can undertand addiction to drugs.  When I heard my Mum had died, had no ciggies, so went to shop which was shut and then had to go to all night garage for my fix of smoke.  I couldn't sleep without it, and if drugs are worse than cigarettes, I am so pleased I have never taken them.  I know it is stupid to smoke and suppose it is worse with drugs, once you start it is so hard to stop. I think the word addiction is right, and with all the help from clinics etc. it is so hard to stop, better not to start, but in the music scene perhaps it is accepted.  Luckily I have never been in contact with drugs, but smoking was cool in my young days, and I am addicted.  Perhaps you cannot help people with drugs and hopefully she died quickly and is in peace now, (about from that I don't know).   Just think drugs will kill you in the end.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 15:29:56 »
I have never taken drugs, but do need a ciggie

Ciggies are drugs - just legal. If nicotine wasn't a drug you wouldn't keep needing a ciggie!!!  In fact ciggies are more physically and socially harmful and more addictive than weed, Ecstasy and LSD.  Ciggies might kill you - they may take a while to do it but they are certainly one of the most dangerous drugs going.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

gypsy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 15:41:34 »

X Chas

Unless he was addicted to killing people I don't see the connection.
And Amy Winehouse wasn't killing other people, only herself.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 21:51:43 »

I agree with this.

I can't say I was affected in any way about Amy Winehouse's death.  I wasn't interested in her personality and I didn't like her music. Agree that 27 is no age to leave the world, though.  I feel for her family and other loved ones as I would for anybody dealing with a death in the family.

I did find it ridiculously obscene that Amy's death took headline news over (what was then) 84 children having been shot to death not 24hours before.  The media never cease to amaze me.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 04:39:03 »
I think that one thing has nothing to do with the others,,the kids killed or the soldier, they are all tragedies and to their immediate families each in it's own way is dreadful. I would be loathe to make one appear more important than the other. I don't believe that her death was worse or better than anyone else who die in tragic circumstances.

Folks say they could see it coming, but we might say the same of the soldier, the parents of the kids could not, but does this make it worse or easier for the families. I would not be so bold as to try to  answer that one.

Gypsy, well done to you,you are very brave to admit your problem, I admire you.

Where does prescription drugs start and recreation drugs take over.

I have just recently come off morphine, prescribed quite officially for severe pain. I chose to come off it, my Doctor does not think it is a good choice but supports it. The reason I came off is because I didn't want to be drawn into an addictive anything. I found it easy to get off but maybe I was just plain lucky.I have a high pain tolerance and prefer the pain to taking the drugs but again I am lucky.. this girl clearly was not.

There but for the Grace of God go I seems to going through my head..better not to be judgemental.

God Bless Amy..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal