Author Topic: polytunnals  (Read 1530 times)

sims girl

• Quarter Acre
  • my daughters pet
polytunnals
« on: July 23, 2011, 10:20:23 »
can anyone tell me where l can get a polytunnal a small one so l can keep growing for later or dose anyone know how to build one

torquil

• Quarter Acre
Re: polytunnals
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 11:28:03 »
try on amazon.co.uk have one for £74 and different sizes.bought the same one this is the third year have used it found it really useful for over wintergrowing, ;) ;)

sims girl

• Quarter Acre
  • my daughters pet
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 21:53:27 »
try on amazon.co.uk have one for £74 and different sizes.bought the same one this is the third year have used it found it really useful for over wintergrowing, ;) ;)

l was looking at the one on amazon but one of the reviews said that it was not very good. as l will be putting at my allotment which can have strong winds l was a bit worried it may blow down. as there is the that one bad review.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 22:18:56 »

I bought the Gardman 2m x 3m which sells for about £80 (though I found mine on clearance for £40) it is probably the best of a bad lot and the frame will be useful for some years but the cover is ***** and I will be lucky if I can repair it for another season.  It is buried about 15cm down and earthed up inside with raised beds so it is pretty well anchored or it would be gone with the wind by now.

There is a lot on the net about DIY polytunnels but even if you are very skilled, it will still cost you £150 for the hoops and polythene cover:

http://www.overthegardengate.net/UserPages/pp_view.asp?FName=Polytunnel&Page=1

But if you can, that is the way to go.  There are posts on here about what people have managed to build, quite ingenious but they have all required some skill, a decent cordless drill and materials money.  Read up on stuff and start saving up is my advice and what I am doing.

sims girl

• Quarter Acre
  • my daughters pet
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 22:27:26 »

I bought the Gardman 2m x 3m which sells for about £80 (though I found mine on clearance for £40) it is probably the best of a bad lot and the frame will be useful for some years but the cover is ***** and I will be lucky if I can repair it for another season.  It is buried about 15cm down and earthed up inside with raised beds so it is pretty well anchored or it would be gone with the wind by now.

There is a lot on the net about DIY polytunnels but even if you are very skilled, it will still cost you £150 for the hoops and polythene cover:

http://www.overthegardengate.net/UserPages/pp_view.asp?FName=Polytunnel&Page=1

But if you can, that is the way to go.  There are posts on here about what people have managed to build, quite ingenious but they have all required some skill, a decent cordless drill and materials money.  Read up on stuff and start saving up is my advice and what I am doing.

thankyou for the info l think l will be saving up and getting a proper one. :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal