Author Topic: Facebook question about chat  (Read 2353 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Facebook question about chat
« on: July 15, 2011, 13:35:01 »
I never use the 'chat' thing on facebook and had set it so that I was 'offline'.  For some unknown reason it has changed to me being  'online' and it's driving me mad.  One person in particular keeps wanting to chat and even though I never reply she doesn't give up.

I can't remember how to put myself 'offline' or disable the chat, does anyone know?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Facebook question about chat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 18:45:49 »
Hi Squash, I never use the chat facility on FB and have it permanently switched to show me as offline.  I've just re-tried it to see if it's the same as it was months ago (as I know it's recently been changed by FB) and for me it is.  If you click on your chat box, it will show you who is on and offline and then, whilst still on the chat box, click on options, click it again (single clicks) it should show the option to go offline again.  You may not have to click it more than once but for some reason mine takes two!  I hope this helps :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 18:52:27 »
Come on Betty just talk to Shirl, you know you want to.   :P ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 19:09:32 »
It wasn't me.  ;D ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 19:11:39 »
U sure.    :-\
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 19:33:58 »
Nor me  :D

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 22:38:57 »
Done it!  Thanks SamLouise.  :)

If it had been Betula, Borlotti or Shirl I would have been happy to chat, but not with someone who kept writing 'hi' every couple of minutes.  ::)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Growing4twins

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 23:37:10 »
Hi betty,  Did you know that you can put people into different groups.  Say for instance you have friends, family & games as groups you can go offline to the people in the games group but remain online to you friends & family.

Complete change of subject but has your site fixed a date for your open day this summer??  Ive got a real craving for some of those home made cakes especially the cheesecake ;)
Is loving how the twins are really getting into planting seeds this year!  two for the price of one!! :D http://i46.tinypic.com/zy7ww8.jpg[/img]

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 05:06:32 »
Hi betty,  Did you know that you can put people into different groups.  Say for instance you have friends, family & games as groups you can go offline to the people in the games group but remain online to you friends & family.

Complete change of subject but has your site fixed a date for your open day this summer??  Ive got a real craving for some of those home made cakes especially the cheesecake ;)

No, I didn't realise you could do that, thanks for telling me. :)

Our Summer Fayre is on August 20th this year.  I think a lot of people come especially for the cakes!

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Growing4twins

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 13:54:25 »
the cakes are well worth the trip :) lets hope for better weather this year :)
Is loving how the twins are really getting into planting seeds this year!  two for the price of one!! :D http://i46.tinypic.com/zy7ww8.jpg[/img]

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 23:03:18 »
Yes there are chat options on face book and it has changed quite a lot recently.

I suggest that you open a new account with a spoof name using a spoof e-mail address which you need to get first. Try googlemail as that is the simplest to use.

Let only your dearest friends know who you are at the spoof name. Then you can avoid the person who is annoying you altogether.

OR remove that person from your friends which is by far the simplest way. I take it you have looked into the OPTIONS menu on the site and know how to use it?

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 23:06:45 »
What's facebook? LOL
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 05:19:03 »
Yes there are chat options on face book and it has changed quite a lot recently.

I suggest that you open a new account with a spoof name using a spoof e-mail address which you need to get first. Try googlemail as that is the simplest to use.

Let only your dearest friends know who you are at the spoof name. Then you can avoid the person who is annoying you altogether.

OR remove that person from your friends which is by far the simplest way. I take it you have looked into the OPTIONS menu on the site and know how to use it?

Before I managed to appear offline I did unfriend this person, it was the only way to stop her.  I am there as Scarecrows Smith and he refers to me as 'his woman'.  It's a bit mad but I have actually come across some really nice people.   It was only this one person who was quite annoying, but not any more.
Thanks for your help.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal