Photo Gallery > The Gallery

Look what we did!

(1/1)

Ragged Robin:
Decided to enlarge a flower bed;

The beginning with turf lifted.

The result;

Dug over, plenty of garden compost,much toing and froing of wheelbarrows. In order to get compost, both bins turned as well, all in all about 4hrs work. Now for the planting!!

Already got plans, in stock so far Polygonatum,Mertensia, hardy geraniums, Calamintha and a Californian fuchsia.

ina:
Now that's what I call a good days work! It's going to be so pretty with lots of nice flowery plants, nice choices too. Before you know it, another strip of grass has to come off hahaha. Good luck and lots of fun planting the new stuff.

Gardengirl:
Well done Robin ;D  Don't forget to let us see the finished project  :)

Garden Manager:
Excellent RR. I love doing things like that. Not a lawn pers on at all really. Prefer nice big borders for all my plants! ;D.

Call me a fetishist but i love the smell of earth from which turf has just been stripped from!  ;)

Ozzy - depends on how goond the turf is. if good then it improves the soil if you dig it in (if it is THAT good though you might want to reuse it) If the grass is weedy then it may be better to remove it - you dont want to dig in a load of perennial weeds into a new border now do you?

Yes RR do keep us posted of progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version