Author Topic: Letters of Concern  (Read 6983 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Letters of Concern
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 00:34:16 »
thanks Betty, that's much appreciated. I have to start phoning around over the next few days, and then if no results, we write ........  :-X

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 07:35:48 »
Sorry, I have to agree - it is a tad formal. My last email to a member - who has since given up, due to pressures of work - ran: "We haven't seen you around recently. Is everything OK? If there are problems, perhaps you'd get back to me." (He did.)

That was followed up, a few weeks later, by: "Just to advise that we've just had plot inspections - they're done independently by a mix of committee & non-committee, not by me - and obviously your plot was picked up. I did explain our previous exchange, and obviously there have been no concerns until recently. We hope that you will be able to get back on top of things fairly soon. Hope to see you down there."

I really don't like writing formal letters, so if I can duck out of it by keeping things low-key, I do!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 07:55:08 »
I may be wrong but I think that the plotholders concerned who are receiving this more formal letter have probably already been spoken to using the more friendly approach.If that fails then I feel that this more formal letter is appropriate.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 08:16:30 »
Maybe you you could send them a fluffy bunny with the letter.  ::)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 09:44:33 »
If the letter comes from the committee, then send it as a letter from the committee and not from the Council. 

If a lettter comes from the Council, it looks as if the committee has already escalated it, perhaps even past the point of no return.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 11:10:33 »
Maybe you you could send them a fluffy bunny with the letter.  ::)

And then evict them for keeping rabbits on the plot. Devious but genius. I salute you!

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 14:21:47 »
Let us know what you decide to do S-64.

It is interesting to hear what happens on other sites.

We have had a few non-cultivators on the site this year and they were all persistant absentee gardeners.

A few complaints from their neighbours went to the Council and the chappie in charge sent some letters but I am certain he would never send anything on just a complaint, even if we had a committee.  He would always come out and look at the problem and make his own decision.

But I do agree that there is a role for somebody on the site who could perhaps organise a early intervention that might help things before they get to that stage.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal