Author Topic: B****y pet owners..(rant warning!)  (Read 3788 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
B****y pet owners..(rant warning!)
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:54 »
(one of those moaning mornings.. ::))
WHY do people keep pets and then don't do anything with them..instead they are then sitting in cages or don't get attention as many of them are sociable animals. >:(
My nextdoor neighbour has had new pet..again.. ::) Although she look after their basic needs..food, water etc. but I never ever see her playing or spend time with her pets.
Her cats spends more time with me and go for their food for home..but soon after climb over to my side for attention. Now there is a rabbit hut appeared into garden... ::) Like a proper nosy neigbour I've only seen her coming outside to feed the rabbit but otherwise its alone..just sitting in its hut..must be bored to death.
I do hope it doesn't get to my side for attention.. :-X I've got enough talking to do with all cats and dog and chickens..

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: B****y pet owners..(rant warning!)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 10:51:17 »
Are you on friendly terms with your neighbour? Can you tell her rabbits need company (guinea pig perhaps) and a large run with shade etc.? I couldn't bear to see this. I'd have to speak out. It is strange that people take on animals and then treat them as a chore rather than enjoying them.
Smile, it confuses people.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:19:57 »
Code: [Select]
Are you on friendly terms with your neighbour Yes..as such..but we don't really talk..I've tried many times..but she is very young girl and I hardly get word out of her..I think we've got generation gap thing going on. I've never felt funny about talking to anybody regardless of their age.  But she is very, very shy and only keeps to her own company and friends.
If she were not looking after them..then I would say something. But as for now..difficult..I don't want to agravate things..we finally got neighbour who don't otherwise cause trouble.. ::)
But next time we happen to be same time on garden..I shall make friendly enquiry about her new pet..and see if there is more than just one rabbit..and if not I ask if she planning to keep something else in same pen for company.
I do hope there is no more than one rabbit or they are in too small hut..I suppose one quinea pig is bit smaller and may 'fit in' better.. ::) Oh dear..sometimes I feel like walking with the blinkers on and not see and hear a thing .

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:33:58 »
Rabbits & guinea pigs shouldn't be housed together. They have different dietary needs & a rabbit could buck at the GP & cause it harm. I have seen them together in pet stored but it's wrong. Years ago before I got wise I had them together & there didn't appear to be a problem. Since having GP on their own they are living longer.

Goodlife, you could ask for her rabbit cleanings out. That's a way to get chatting, asking for poo ;) ;D.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 11:42:06 »
Thanks for that GJ..I'm not rodent expert so it was good advise.. ;)
you could ask for her rabbit cleanings out. That's a way to get chatting, asking for poo
You know..I already thought of that!.. ;D...At the moment my life seem to involve all manner of dropping.. ::)..so I suppose rabbit stuff won't hurt on addition with the rest of the stuff.. ;D
She must think I'm totally bonkers after dropping that question.. ;D If you don't mind..can I have all the poo please.. ;D ;D
..and I'm not a s**t monger!.. ;D ;D

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 14:32:15 »
Goodlife you had me shrieking with laughter saying you were not a sh*! monger ;D
I often get into trouble trying to 'educate' people on how to properly care for their pets. Some people dont seem to have any feelings for an animal its just a fashion statement.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 14:44:35 »
One of my neighbours has a bored dog :( I only have to go into my garden and it barks like its demented for ages.
Sometimes I tiptoe to my greenhouse  ::) so as not to start the dog off! yes I know I am sad ::)
But now I switch on my shed radio which backs onto their fence and it goes so ballistic that the owner gives in and calls in the dog ;D

Duke
(just hoping they will make my day and complain about my radio)
 :P
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 15:26:51 »
I often get into trouble trying to 'educate' people Uhh...me too..and not just about pets. I think it is basic instinct to me..(luckily not as naughty as in film  ;D) not doing it purpose ::) I often have to try to 'pinch' my mouth shut and not get 'involved'.

I only have to go into my garden and it barks like its demented for ages..been there..that was our previous neighbour..that's why I don't want to upset this one..life is sooo peaceful at the moment. And it wasn't just barking...proper howling..and sooo loud. We did have some 'words' about it but no matter how nicely you put it..it will affect the neighbourly atmosphere afterwards.

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 09:04:57 »
We have a neibour at the bottom of us who's bored dog broke through the fence and terrorised by cats (who are indoor but will enjoy our cat safe garden, never climbing the fence though) it ran through our bungalow and did all sorts of damage before romping and peeing on our bed trying to get our cat who had wisely hidden behind it. luckily it didnt manage to get any of our cats and hubby bravely launched himself on top of the dog to restrain it, (having just got out of the shower and being stark naked covered in soap). The owners thought it was funny and then got threatening and violent. Everytime we go into our garden they let this dog out and it barks and launches itself at the fence. I have all sorts of sharp vessels the other side of the fence and if it our them break through the fence and the chicken wire baracade beyond it I shall 'stick it up em ' Dads army style!
On a funny note now the three chickens are laying they do an 'egg anouncement' it sounds a lot like their bloody dog and they shout at the mutt to be quiet! What bliss! and soon there will be five layers he he!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 09:20:38 »
Too many rabbits are bought for children who really don't know how to look after them. Some adults don't either. They are very complex animals. Its such a shame that they are so docile when they are young. Perhaps if they were not so docile then less bunnies would end up either dead or in rescues with health problems due to poor housing and wrong diets.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

julie24

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 09:35:22 »
it does rather annoy me to say the least, i went into PETS AT HOME 2 months ago to get cat food had a look round and spotted 2 rabbits in a tiny cage with a notice on there saying, we are to old for sale now can someone adopt us !
as i am a sucker for such things i asked about them and was told "yes they are 5 months old now and people want little rabbits"
so they came home with me. they now live in our back garden and have the full run of it, they go into their house at night wihch is 2 joined together as the standard shop ones don't give them enough room.
if you were to look out at my garden sometimes you can see 2 rabbits, 2 cats, 2 ducks and the dog all sitting together on the lawn. i don't thnk any animal should be stuck in a cage all day every day it goes against nature.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 10:41:18 »
I seem to have inherited a rather attractive cat with a light colours splodge on its nose which makes it appear x eyed.  It has been doing a great job keeping the blackbirds off the red currants  I actually got to eat some.

I suppose people do not think in terms of playing with a rabbit, we had one that liked to play chase.   Problem was once you let it out of the cage it was extremely difficult to get back in.  What a shame to have a pet and then not get the full benefit.

lilylover

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 01:28:51 »
Too many rabbits are bought for children who really don't know how to look after them. Some adults don't either. They are very complex animals. Its such a shame that they are so docile when they are young. Perhaps if they were not so docile then less bunnies would end up either dead or in rescues with health problems due to poor housing and wrong diets.

Brilliant post  ;)
 I'm sick and tired of pet shops selling small furries without giving the correct advice on housing and care to idiots who want 'a rabbit for the baby',  These are live creatures not cuddly toys!!!
And don't get me started on breeders  :-X Ok mini rant over  :)
Is it wrong to fancy Lucius Malfoy?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal