Author Topic: Solar powered fountain question  (Read 8335 times)

elhuerto

• Acre
Solar powered fountain question
« on: June 29, 2011, 19:36:14 »
When I put in the pond last Summer I bought a solar powered fountain 500 litres / hour. Worked fine but was a tad weak so also got a 1000 litre / hour. Soon afterwards the first one stopped working and today the newer one has also stopped. They get quite a lot of action, about 12 hours a day at the moment. As I don't know if it's a problem with the panel or the motor, does anyone know if it is problematic to connect the smaller panel to the larger pump ior vice-versa or any other suggestions for finding out where the problem lies?

Cheers
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

elhuerto

• Acre
Re: Solar powered fountain question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 09:09:46 »
I tried changing the panels and pumps over and no dice  :(

Does anyone have any experience in trying to fix solar pumps?

I noticed the fish this morning were on the surface getting air (as if they were feeding) so I'm concerned I'm going to lose them
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 09:14:24 »
Can  you buy those tablet for putting oxygen into water while you sort out the problems?

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:49:30 »
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize those existed til this morning when searching on oxygeniastion. I can't get them round here unfortunately and buying online may be too late. For the time being I've set up the hose with a fine spray but any other suggestions are welcome.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:26:03 »
I have never used or fixed a solar fountain so i may be barking up the wrong tree here.

Does it have a battery, that keeps it going while the sun is in? If so, then this could be a thing to check first as they are quite common to fail if it gets overcharged.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:29:32 »
Thanks but it doesn't have a battery. It's been really hot here this week, up to 38ºC so I'm wondering if the pump has died. If that's the case it's a bit of a bummer as it's gonna be like this til September.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal