Author Topic: GARDENERS WORLD  (Read 6683 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re: GARDENERS WORLD
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2005, 23:24:32 »
Not agro Richard, just good healthy heated discussions.  Nothing wrong with that.  ;D

No EJ. I remember plenty of debates on the BBC boards. Now they really were aggro!  >:(

Just dont want to repeat the experience on here thats all. :'(

If you really want debate on GW presenters (incuding my opinions on the new additions) look here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1105534661-26607.52%40forum0.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1105534661-26607.52%40forum0.thdo.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=gardening.tv&sort=Te
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 23:30:33 by Garden Cadet »

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2005, 09:47:41 »
I just had a quick peek and it looked more like an "Over the garden fence" chat. ???

I think Joe Swift comes across as an easy going warm and friendly gardening presenter and easy to listen too, Rachel de Thame on the other hand has either a deep voice or her microphone is planted too deep into her chest cleavage and sounds muffled (IMO). :o

Monty D could be a good replacement from Alan T and a refreshing change.
I’m quite looking forward to seeing this new group of gardeners can’t say as I’ve seen much of Carol Klein (does she make jewellery also?). ??? ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2005, 09:53:20 »
Have just found this thread............Chris didn't tell me he was leaving GW, and him being locked in my loft for the winter months, you'd have thought he would have mentioned summit! :o
He says he will nip round to see you girls as soon as he has gathered his strength back ;)
I for one cannot stand some of these TV presenters, often a case of the right place at the right time, and not what but who you know methinks!
Quite like Monty and his passion for organic, R de T drives me bonkers, I am sure she is a very nice person, but just somehow never looks like a gardener, I just cannot imagine her knee deep in horse pooh!
JS is ok but can grate as can CK. I think they all get overexposed as celeb tv gardeners, (throw Charlie Dimmock in here to) and quite frankly you get sick of seeing them all in EVERY gardening programme! Bring on newbies I say!!!
(the same go's for the cookery progs, I am fed right up with seeing Nigella, Jamie et al!)  
Now..............wheres that fireman in the wardrobe gone??...................DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2005, 10:18:44 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D - Nice one DP

So thats where he's got to then  :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal