Author Topic: Bubble wrap  (Read 1995 times)

elhuerto

• Acre
Bubble wrap
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:18:15 »
All the window sills in our house are actually outside so don't have much space for bringing on seedlings where there's enough light. I was thinking of moving them to the polytunnel and covering them with bubble wrap. Does bubble wrap let through enough light? i know I can remove it during the day as it'll be warm enough but in case I can't get to the allotment every day, will they still get enough light being covered do you think? Outside temperatures for the next week are expected to be between 6 and 8ºC so some protection is probably necessary.

Cheers!
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Bubble wrap
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:09:56 »
I think you should be OK you have stronger light intensity than we do up North...  :)

elhuerto

• Acre
Re: Bubble wrap
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:24:21 »
Thanks Saddad, certainly suffering from light intensity yesterday - we had violent storms and lost a couple of tiles off the roof. Was fully expecting to find the polytunnel wrapped around a tree this morning but fortunately it held firm.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal