Author Topic: Welsh...tree....bunching...etc onions...relative advantages/taste and uses  (Read 4072 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Lottie Lou, you are an angel.. I am not sure to tell you the truth, some are seeds but one I think was bulbils. I haven;t heard anything yet from them but haven't checked my mail yet. I will go and looke right now..oh you are so kind but be careful I might send you a shipping order,

fish and chips for a start LOL  (just kidding)

XX Jeannine

Just looked, I just have my Paypal receipt, no ther contact.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 14:26:08 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

brown thumb

• Hectare
what is the difference between bablington leeks and tree onion and is walking onion  the same as either one confused     please help

Hector

• Hectare
Folks, what spacing should I do for a/ egyptian onions and b/ potato onions. I'm quite excited about this!
Jackie

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Babbington leeks are different to tree onions etc.

Tree onions. aka, Egyptian onions, walking onions etc etc

There is a really good link..

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/2003-08-01/The-Other-Onions.aspx

In my hand I have a bag of fleemers Top stting onions  from Heritage Harvest, the directions say..

Make a furrow 2-3 inches deep,put bonemeal in the bottomand mix with soil, Plant the individual bulbs 6-12 inches apart and cover with soil.

For potato onins.. I have a bag of Broome Longkeeper

Furrow 4 inches, bonemeal as above,3 5 inches apart.

Hope this helps the previous two questions.

I should add I have never grown them yet so therte may be folks who have personal experience with them
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 19:59:23 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hector

• Hectare
Many thanks :)
Jackie

brown thumb

• Hectare
now i know how i was getting confused which ist hard to do thanks for clearing that up jeannine  i    am  planning a perannual vege plot

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Me too, I have been collecting stuff all this year,I think I started a thread on it.

Found it and bumped it fro you

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 22:11:40 by Jeannine »

Hector

• Hectare
Thanks for info, tree and potato onions now safely  planted :)
Jackie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal