Author Topic: Olympic Tickets  (Read 1620 times)

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Olympic Tickets
« on: June 18, 2011, 08:03:11 »
Anyone else applied for them?

We did  :) And we have 1 set that we think is for athletics and another which we don't know yet as I haven't had my credit card bill but I have had an email  ;D

roll on 2012  ;D

betula

• Hectare
Re: Olympic Tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 08:33:12 »
Well done,heard on the radio many people have been dissapointed.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 09:05:24 »
We applied for 4 events & got nothing. Have had an e-mail offering tickets to the left-overs, but it's mostly stuff that will bore the kids rigid & there are no blue flag tickets for the less crap events so it would cost a fortune to take the kids. What a badly organised load of poo.

I hope those that got tickets enjoy it, but it's a shame that, having been quick off the mark & living within 30 miles of it, we will not be able to go.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 10:06:45 »
What I want to no is how do the ticket touts get their tickets or are they all fake ? 

Bruce

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 10:28:10 »
we applied for about 6 events, and got nothing :(

so very disappointing when you hear about those who got lots of tickets. clearly they should have rationed it much much more.

now I have to be at my PC at 6am to try to get something on Friday. and it's mostly football that's left.

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 14:34:51 »
Sorry to hear about those that didn't get tickets, we applied separately so we could have a better chance.

We had planned, if all didn't go well, to get entry tickets to the Olympic Park and have a wander, and get a feel for it all - we thought about going on the day of the mens 100m final and to watch it there on the screens. We might also try and get to see a free event, but I don't know how busy these will be  :-\

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 17:52:33 »
I'm so glad we ain't got a TV !!
You couldn't make it up!

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:30:22 »
neither have we Tony  :P

GeeGee

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 10:53:22 »
This is where I quietly say sorry to my eldest daughter, who I love dearly but sometimes secretly think takes the Michael at times. Boy do I feel bad now!  :(

She applied for tickets. Not only did she apply but she choose the equestrian final day with medal ceremonies (she is not horsey at all loves athletics and gymnastics) and the best possible seats too, for myself, hubby, other (horsey mad) daughter and herself to go. She has also said she will put the same amount she paid for one ticket toward her brother going on a race day at Brands or the like (cos he really doesn't like horses) so he has his day too.

I was totally overwhelmed, love her so much and am totally over the moon at her thoughtfulness and with the expectation of going. Horsey daughter away at mo and doesn't know. She will be more than ex tactic.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal