Author Topic: Allotment Shop Robbed  (Read 2681 times)

antsinmipants

• Quarter Acre
Allotment Shop Robbed
« on: June 15, 2011, 17:16:00 »
It had to be kids,they broke in through a window,threw things about and took a box of gloves! If these kids had half a brain between them they would have realised the shop contained at least a thousand quids worth of goods. They must have been hoping for money as it was obvious they had rummaged every square inch of the place and got away with next to nothing. So one broken window,a police visit and time to replace the broken pane later, we are now at the point of laughing our heads of at the total stupidity of these muppets. We guess the gloves are for a big job and will be used to conceal their fingerprints when breaking into our local Help The Aged store  ;D
The night was dark....they usually are!......Laurel & Hardy

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Allotment Shop Robbed
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 17:20:01 »
So sorry to hear about your shop being broken into. It happens quite often nowadays. Good job it was only gloves they stole although the mess they make whilst looking for stuff leaves lot of clearing up to do.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

antsinmipants

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 17:25:25 »
So sorry to hear about your shop being broken into. It happens quite often nowadays. Good job it was only gloves they stole although the mess they make whilst looking for stuff leaves lot of clearing up to do.

You are right Shirlton,there is a lot of it about,but if we dont look on the bright side we would never sleep. Yes, we did have to clean up and take stock,thats when we knew only the gloves had gone. You can become annoyed with these people, but all that will do is give us ulcers! Got to move on and hope they have had their bit of 'fun'
The night was dark....they usually are!......Laurel & Hardy

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:06:30 »
We would never contemplate anything like a shop, too many thugs in our part of town!
Two weeks ago, 12 sheds were burned down to the ground on our site, probably local kids who were disgruntled at our complaints when they ride quad bikes around the perimeter of the site, making a hell of a racket. Nothing was taken, just the sheds burnt (not mine fortunately). We are insured but as I mentioned, sheds are full of knick knacks that you pick up, bits of wood, nets, metal, boxes etc, which have no value but which are useful to you! One other guy said that he was so relieved his shed wasn't touched, as he has his father's old gardening tools which are of sentimental value.
Some people just enjoy making life hard for others and ruining their pleasure. It's a sad reality.
(oops I may have hijacked slightly there!  ;D
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 22:37:26 »
We have had crops sprayed and burning of some stored wood.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 08:17:39 »
 :( :( :(

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 10:52:46 »
I feel for everyone who has been robbed or vandalized.  I do also sympathise with young people there is so little for them to do, and they are not taught to entertain themselves in a positive way.    There should be a GCSE in self motivation. 

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 11:01:56 »
The last time anyone tried robbing our shop caused me quite a bit of work but was still amusing. They went to the trouble of removing enough bricks from a corner of the building only to find themselves confronted with 2 tonnes of compost stacked up in that corner.

redcoat

• Quarter Acre
  • Newcastle upon Tyne
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 13:42:13 »
The last time anyone tried robbing our shop caused me quite a bit of work but was still amusing. They went to the trouble of removing enough bricks from a corner of the building only to find themselves confronted with 2 tonnes of compost stacked up in that corner.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D pity it wasn't loose horse poo!

but sorry you had the hassle.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 13:48:24 »
The gloves are so they can rob elsewhere!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal