Author Topic: Lurpak  (Read 2921 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Lurpak
« on: June 22, 2011, 13:46:23 »
Bought some Lurpak, as I normally do, and thought I had got a free choc. biscuit stuck on the wrapper (hadn't got my glasses on).  Got home and luckily read the label and had free dill and basil seeds on what looked like a biscuit.  Not sure I want dill and basil seeds but planted them anyway, hope I remember where. Better visit the lurpak.co.uk/herbs website to find out what to do with them, if they come up. I am a bit cross with Lurpak as was getting over my addiction and have not bought any seeds for weeks.  ;) ;) ;)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Lurpak
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 13:47:58 »
Just re-read the label and only have dill.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 13:51:49 »
Basil is nice with any tomato based foods..pasta sauces etc.
Dill..goes well with fish..or in Finland we put bunch of dill in pan when boiling new potatoes..just to give bit of flavour..
Ohh what a shame  about the freebies..and you were doing so well.... ::)

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 14:15:30 »
I have just planted dill plants between my leeks. It's a companion plant? Don't know what it is meant to do!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 14:30:06 »
Between leeks is fine..it doesn't shade anything and generally don't need much care and attention neither..easy thing..
And if you do pickled cherkins..just the herb for the job.. ;) Insects love the flowers and they can be added into pickling mix too..

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 14:32:35 »
..and if anybody likes cream cheese and salmon on toast or some yummy bread...finely chopped dill mixed into the cheese and drop of lemon too..YUM!

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 10:33:59 »
I love Dill on salmon and in the pickling mix for cucumbers. Goodlife are you from Finland? My great grandad was from Hanko. Must go there one day.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 11:02:27 »
Code: [Select]
Goodlife are you from Finland? My great grandad was from Hanko.
Yes I am from Finland..and been in Hanko too...they have this sweet 'factory' in Hanko where they make word best tasting liquorice...really soft and sticky.. :P ;D Yum.. ;D Haven't been there for yonks though..well haven't been back in Finland for few years to start with.. ::)
But I'm going back this year..if nothing else..buying suitcase full of  liquorice.. ;D ;D

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 13:38:13 »
Well Goodlife its a small world isnt it? My great grandad was 'forced' into the russian navy and when he got to London he jumped ship. He met his wife at the Finnish Seamans mission where she worked as a cook. His surname was Bredenberg but he changed it to Bradembery. His sadness was he could never return to Finland as he was a wanted man.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 13:51:23 »
Those were so different times...suppose that would have been around world war 1 times?
That name is quite unsual Finnish name..was he Swedish speaking Finn?
They do eat butter in Finland too..not Lurpak though..(trying keep this 'conversation' within topic).. ;D ;D ;D
No free seeds with their butters that I know of..or my family would send them over to me then.. ;) ;D

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 16:53:36 »
Great grandad came to britain around the 1870's. We do think he was a swedish speaking Finn due to the name not being exactly Finnish. Their were a lot of settled Swedes in Hanko around that time I beleive, although he always referred to himself being a Finn and not a Swede.
Back to the butter we got our Lurpak and it had basil seeds. Have you noticed how much its gone up? I used to get 2 for £4 in morrisons and now its one for £2.95!

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 19:41:27 »
went to tescos saw the price of lurpak,i just wouldn't bye it, got the cheepy one ,have you seen the price of runner beans nearly £2 a pack .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal