Author Topic: What to plant after potatoes have been lifted?  (Read 14438 times)

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
Re: What to plant after potatoes have been lifted?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 20:39:13 »
We are thinking of putting in some more butternut squash....

Thanks for all the suggestions!

We have done that just last week

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 20:57:12 »
As my brasica follow on from my potatoes i put in what is not going to have to be taken out when my next crop is ready to go in.
First in will be my leeks and Tarvoy cabages these will see me through to March/April. Then the next to go in the back end of August will be my spring cabbage Spring Hero followed by a second planting about a month later these will see me through till the first of my summer cabbages are ready. I will also be putting in some Jap Onions.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 22:17:00 »
I agree with the leeks and Autumn onions... potatoes take to much to be followed by brassicas in my opinion. Green manures like Winter Tares or Phacalia.  :)

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 21:45:02 »
I agree with the leeks and Autumn onions... potatoes take to much to be followed by brassicas in my opinion. Green manures like Winter Tares or Phacalia.  :)

A lot of manure goes on top of them there potatoes but i dont believe you get good results from just manure so fertalizer went in and on top of the rows, not all of it will have leeched out.
When i put my cabbages in i put a ring of growmore and a small amount of calcified plus arround each plant up untill now i have had mighty fine results
Below was the last of my spring cabbage the last one being pulled last week

When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal