Author Topic: What you looking at? Don't know, the label's fallen off!  (Read 1811 times)

greenstar

• Half Acre
  • Glasgow
Hello there

I received some free bulbs from J Parker I think -  can't remember what they were free with, but they may have come with the Pyrethrum offer that was in the Guardian.  My question is, did any one else get these, and if so,  did you keep the packet so that you could remember what they were? I didn't  :-\  I do remember that there were some anemone, oxalis, freesia, two types of allium but I don't know which ones, and I think two other types, one of which was a gladioli type of thing but I don't know what it's called.

Can anyone help?  I merrily planted them all out and now have got no idea what some of them are.  One day I'll learn.....

small

• Hectare
Re: What you looking at? Don't know, the label's fallen off!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 15:52:33 »
My mum got some free butterfly gladioli from them with some pinks she ordered, if you've got something that looks like broad montbretia, that's them - hers are about 8" high now, no sign of flowers yet.

greenstar

• Half Acre
  • Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:45:09 »
Thanks Small, but I don't think that's one of them.  Does anyone know of another gladioli type flower?

irridium

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 17:22:04 »
http://www.findmeplants.co.uk/photo-gladiolus-byzantium.aspx?ret=918 these are quite pretty which I prefer than the corm types.

greenstar

• Half Acre
  • Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 21:47:01 »
Ooh, they look lovely irridium - I hope it's those!  Oh well, I'll get a nice surprise in a couple of weeks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal