Author Topic: Peanuts!  (Read 736 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Peanuts!
« on: May 20, 2011, 14:49:07 »
A friend at work has offered me some peanut plants! He has lovingly grown them from peanuts (he's originally from Africa so has it down to a fine art). I am excited about this! Any tips from anyone? What kind of yield will I get? And where should I plant them?

Next year I am going to do a sweet potato challenge with him, as he says he has a great crop and will give me all the tips for it!  gardening is such a sociable activity! He also brought in a bowl of fresh strawberries into work for our team, sweet isn't it?
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

green lily

• Hectare
Re: Peanuts!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 21:13:22 »
In the UK I'd grow them indoors but in SW France you may have more suitable climate. I'd ask the chap that grew them :)

lavenderlux

• Acre
Re: Peanuts!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 21:37:10 »
I don't think you will get a crop outdoors in the UK
Last year my daughter in law carefully dug up and potted up lots of peanut plants - from where the squirrels planted them, lovingly tended them but the results were disappinting - this year she's just pulling them up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal